GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Haldex Part Number & Cost?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The haldex assembly is prone to failing in the early revisions just as much as the pump is prone to fail. Even with pump replacement. No power to rear wheels and no change after basic settings, you will need a rear diff

Which years/built dates are considered early?

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Which years/built dates are considered early?

Heya!

My car a 2015, with July 2014 build date.. Most of the the failures I have researched were 2015 R's, A3's, S3's and other various VAG vehicles. It was right around the time they updated the Haldex units. The older units had a SEPARATE Haldex pump filter, the new design has an internal filter attached directly to the pump.

The diffs that ended in an "F" seem to be the most affected. They also had a Haldex control module that was version "D" that seem to be consistent with the failed "F" units. Mine was replaced by version "L".

I hope this helps,

josh

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got back from the dealer. They told me front wheel slippage is normal due to my aftermarket tires......

Run. Run fast and hard from that dealer. Seriously.

I bought my car from a very dear friend who is a Senior Sales Manager at a VW dealer. I called him about m failing AWD, and he directed me to a closer dealer because "they have WAY better techs then we do....". Moral to the story? The experience in dealer service departments varies wildly. I was lucky to have an insider help me out, and possibly there is a local resource you can ask as well. I am grateful I ended up taking to the dealer I did (even though I was PISSED at first about the whole thing).

But telling someone the traction issues are from aftermarket tires? Poor poor showing for that dealer and its service department....

Good luck regardless! I super jhope you can find a dealer that will actually look at the problem...

Cheers!

josh

liljonny16

Ready to race!
Run. Run fast and hard from that dealer. Seriously.

I bought my car from a very dear friend who is a Senior Sales Manager at a VW dealer. I called him about m failing AWD, and he directed me to a closer dealer because "they have WAY better techs then we do....". Moral to the story? The experience in dealer service departments varies wildly. I was lucky to have an insider help me out, and possibly there is a local resource you can ask as well. I am grateful I ended up taking to the dealer I did (even though I was PISSED at first about the whole thing).

But telling someone the traction issues are from aftermarket tires? Poor poor showing for that dealer and its service department....

Good luck regardless! I super jhope you can find a dealer that will actually look at the problem...

Cheers!

josh

Lucky you! Unfortunately, I'm out of options unless I want to drive 4 hours away. I just haven't had many good experiences with the VW/Audi service departments. The first dealer here had my car for 7 days to "diagnose my dead battery." They didn't give me a loaner or ride back to my house. They never got around to looking at my car and I got tired of being without a ride so I went to pick it up and they COULDN'T FIND MY CAR ON THEIR LOT! I had to go look and find it after 3 services personnel couldn't. And then they couldn't find my key! I had to leave and come back when they found it. I was so pissed.

This other dealership does at least give me a loaner. I went and did a launch control last night and got the code to show up

1 Fault Found:

16670 - All-Wheel Drive
C1113 07 [008] - Mechanical Failure
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 15
Mileage: 55803 km
Date: 2018.04.14
Time: 22:28:00

So I'm gonna schedule another appointment and try again. Hopefully the code will be enough since roasting the front tires for 50ft on my AWD car isn't.

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Yikes! That sucks.

The code you got is the same one I had. Each time they sent me home without really fixing the AWD, I would head simply launch the car and get that code. Then back to the dealer. I am sure you are doing the same, but I would also explain everything I had read in the intrawebs via the various forums to my service writer. That seemed to help the process a bit.

Again, good luck! It will get fixed eventually...

josh

liljonny16

Ready to race!
Took a tech for a ride, did a 80 yard burnout and they still said that's normal! Got back, they scanned the car, saw the code and they said, well the code only occurred once, so we just cleared it and it didn't come back......I'm at a loss for words.

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
Took a tech for a ride, did a 80 yard burnout and they still said that's normal! Got back, they scanned the car, saw the code and they said, well the code only occurred once, so we just cleared it and it didn't come back......I'm at a loss for words.

I....yeah.. Um....wow..well.....

I too am at a loss for words. I would have freaked out.

Lawyer up and Lemon Law it? Not sure what to say at this point. That they said that is what it is suppose to do frightens me. And I mean that for all of us with 4motion....

josh

liljonny16

Ready to race!
I....yeah.. Um....wow..well.....

I too am at a loss for words. I would have freaked out.

Lawyer up and Lemon Law it? Not sure what to say at this point. That they said that is what it is suppose to do frightens me. And I mean that for all of us with 4motion....

josh

I called Audi of America. I didn't want to do it but I mean, I have no other options at this point. Hopefully it gets resolved.

**Update**

Calling Audi of America was a complete waste of time. Dealership has had the car for the past 16 days and counting. This is/was my 3rd visit because of this issue. I dropped it off with the code present but they claim it wasn't there. A lie, because I checked to make sure it was there before I left the house that morning. It was the same code that I left stored in there for 2 weeks. During this 16 days they said they can get the traction light to come on during normal driving, i.e not normal. They can't however get the code to appear under normal driving. So I said ok, I'll come out there tomorrow morning and get the code to appear. I do just that. Get the car, drive about 80 yards down the road, engage LC and perform a lovely front wheel drive burnout, whip out the VAG-COM to make sure the code is there, it is, and so I circle around and drop it back off at the dealership. After about an hour of waiting, they finally come back and say, "We're gonna send it up to Audi Headquarters and get them to help."
I ask, "Did they see the code?"
They reply, "Yes but we don't know what to do."
I ask, "Why is this so hard? You can test drive any S3 or RS3 on your lot and they won't do a front wheel burn out like my car. You told me you can get the traction light to come on which isn't normal. This isn't that complicated. The shaft comes from the front to the back. The car still shifts like it's supposed to and shaft to the rear isn't broken. That leaves only one piece left."
They reply, "Well we don't know what's not working. We can't just go replacing parts. We can't get the code to appear under normal driving conditions. We can get the traction light to come on but we can't get the code. We don't know what you did to get the code to come back on but under normal driving conditions we can't."

So I'm waiting for them to hear back from Audi headquarters.

Being frustrated I called two other random dealerships just to see what they say. Pretty much the same thing with the last conversation going like this:

That's common practice sir. It doesn't matter if you can get the code to come back on, if we can't do it then there's nothing we can do about it.
I asked, "Well when does common sense come into play?" My awd car shouldn't be doing front wheel drive burnouts and hydroplaning.
Sir, I'm not understanding the question.

There's the ol' running joke about the Marines being brainwashed but I think Audi has them beat.

Last edited: