GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs The 401 in Toronto

Hockey

Ready to race!
Was driving on the 401 highway headed towards the city when someone in a Mitsubishi Lancer tries to pass everyone. The car was passing on the inside when it started to spin on the ice and did a 180 degree turn in front of me. Bounced off one car and into another then pieces of the bumper came off, then the whole bumper. There was 4 cars in total affected by the accident.

I felt like I was in the middle of all the cars involved. I just let off the gas and swayed around everything happening. Definitely my craziest driving experience to date.

The picture was taken 10 minutes after I drove away from the accident, the roads are very icey.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I thankfully did not bring out the summer rubber only GTI yet last Thursday when I drove to Niagara Falls. Still have my winter beast 04 tdi on the road. The weather report showed a good chance of a final winter blast on Saturday.

Coming home from N.Falls, the very first ice pellet we saw landed on the windshield at the bottom of the Burlington Skyway. Just got past where I really didn't want to be hit by weather, thankfully.

Drive home was indeed pretty nuts. Lots of people were pretty clearly driving on summer tires.