GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss600+mpi

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
so your max psi is set to 30psi?? I'm surprised it's not higher on 93.

No, it pins the 30psi gauge. It seems like 35ish, I’m not sure, I just thought it was kinda cool/funny that it spikes the thing, I’ll get some video for ya and the guy that asked when full spool is. I just got her back and it got cold and snowed here and is supposed to snow again tomorrow, but next week just 40s and rainy. It figures really, it’s just kinda my luck lol

How do u like yours? I see you’re running e70 is that because the single walbro can’t support full e85? Another member mentioned that in a pm, it didn’t really matter to me as was tuning for pump and race fuels but it was kinda annoying to find out that it seemingly cannot flow enough for e85

Last edited:

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
No, it pins the 30psi gauge. It seems like 35ish, I’m not sure, I just thought it was kinda cool/funny that it spikes the thing, I’ll get some video for ya and the guy that asked when full spool is. I just got her back and it got cold and snowed here and is supposed to snow again tomorrow, but next week just 40s and rainy. It figures really, it’s just kinda my luck lol

How do u like yours? I see you’re running e70 is that because the single walbro can’t support full e85? Another member mentioned that in a pm, it didn’t really matter to me as was tuning for pump and race fuels but it was kinda annoying to find out that it seemingly cannot flow enough for e85

Yeah I’m actually down to about E40 now with max psi set to 30 in the UM software. I’m going to have to find the best E content level for 30psi or just get a double Walbro450 and max it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I’m actually down to about E40 now with max psi set to 30 in the UM software. I’m going to have to find the best E content level for 30psi or just get a double Walbro450 and max it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya that’s irritating. I’ve read that running 2 walbro’s seem to have its own issues with heat. Looking back I shoulda just done iroz’s pump, I just scoffed at the $1500 price initially, along with not planning to tune for e85 right away but thought the walbro would be capable down the road. Oh well, live and learn, it’s only money right lol

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Ya that’s irritating. I’ve read that running 2 walbro’s seem to have its own issues with heat. Looking back I shoulda just done iroz’s pump, I just scoffed at the $1500 price initially, along with not planning to tune for e85 right away but thought the walbro would be capable down the road. Oh well, live and learn, it’s only money right lol

as long as you make a baffle to keep fuel from sloshing.. you're fine with a double pumper. The pump only heats up when it runs dry on fuel

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
as long as you make a baffle to keep fuel from sloshing.. you're fine with a double pumper. The pump only heats up when it runs dry on fuel

Gotchya, so they were only having issues with the 2nd one cause it’s mounted outside the bucket. So low fuel/hard cornering was the issue if you didn’t make your own baffle, I’m assuming? Nobody has come up with their own baffle yet? Basically you have to custom make one yourself, is what I’m asking?

And thanks for input.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Gotchya, so they were only having issues with the 2nd one cause it’s mounted outside the bucket. So low fuel/hard cornering was the issue if you didn’t make your own baffle, I’m assuming? Nobody has come up with their own baffle yet? Basically you have to custom make one yourself, is what I’m asking?

And thanks for input.

Yeah that was the issue, not aware of any company making a solution yet so you have to come up with one yourself. It's worth doing IMO considering IROZ brushless pump is $1500 vs $150-200 for 2nd Walbro. If money wasn't an issue, then I would go with IROZ pump all day.

FirstCarGolfR16

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, can someone explain to me why I need to switch to mpi and upgrade my pump? And what if I upgraded only the pump?

I got the big turbo hear just want to get the missing parts to do all at the same time.

Appreciate your help.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion