GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss 500 Project

Calubi

Ready to race!
Looking good!

What kind of wrap is that on the intake?

When does the tuning begin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

importrx7

Ready to race!
Looking good!

What kind of wrap is that on the intake?

When does the tuning begin?

The wrap is DEI reflect-a-gold temp heat reflective tape

Tuning will begin this week, getting my base map today

importrx7

Ready to race!
All I can say is damn does this turbo transform this car into a completely different animal. I’m on my base map, running only 26psi and it just pulls and pulls to redline. Lag is there but it does seem bad. I’m still keeping it close to home and babying it for a couple days until I’m 100% everything is good. So far so good though, got home and no oil or coolant spilling everywhere. Knock on wood it continues to play nice. Can’t wait to get some footage posted and get it on the dyno.

If you are on the fence about going big turbo just do it because you won’t regret it the first time you mash the gas!!!

Calubi

Ready to race!
Do you need to splice the wiring yourself, or does the kit come with a harness?

importrx7

Ready to race!
Do you need to splice the wiring yourself, or does the kit come with a harness?

Even with the new kit you will definitely still need to extend the wiring or buy their DV or BOV. It’s not very difficult to extend it and you can do it fairly cheap. I went overboard and bought actual wiring harness tape wrap haha. Just cut the wires, get some good automotive wire, solder the wires together, wrap and be done with it. We did about 16 inches of wire which was way way to much but a good foot should be enough.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
https://youtu.be/m8cmHCzgX9M

First ever pull on the base map not even 100% throttle

Pottymouth alert. :D Big turbos are nice, turn cars into completely different animals. I still remember the 1st time I floored my TT with my PTE5857 years ago. I do like having a quick spooling turbo for a daily though. I'm enjoying my R as is for now even though I already got a new turbo coming.

importrx7

Ready to race!
Tuning has been interesting so far since Eurodyne released the new BT maps which added 4 bar and MPI support. The boost algorithms have changed but we are getting it all sorted out. It’s amazing how it pulls but I’ve got a long tuning process ahead of me so we can get it perfect.

And yes in an earlier post I was told this is a new version of the 600 kit.

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
Tuning has been interesting so far since Eurodyne released the new BT maps which added 4 bar and MPI support. The boost algorithms have changed but we are getting it all sorted out. It’s amazing how it pulls but I’ve got a long tuning process ahead of me so we can get it perfect.

And yes in an earlier post I was told this is a new version of the 600 kit.

Any reason you aren’t going with UM?

importrx7

Ready to race!
Any reason you aren’t going with UM?

I already have full Maestro with Eurodyne Just doesn’t seem worth the money to make the switch. I like the control I have with Eurodyne too. If I wasn’t so far down the Eurodyne hole I would’ve got Cobb when it came out because I love the Accessport.

Calubi

Ready to race!
I'm trying to sort through tuning options for the BOSS kit now, before I commit to ordering one. It's not an easy decision. :(

I know UM is highly regarded here, but the nearest dealer to me is 2.5 hours away, and I don't like the idea of needing to make that drive any time I need an adjustment. I'm also not sure how reputable the shop really is; I can't find much in the way of reviews or experiences online. I am very curious about the Haldex tune UM has in the works.

I'm currently running GIAC software. It's been great, but they have been "working" on BOSS support for awhile now. I'm not holding my breath for this any longer.

I love COBB accessports, I had one on my STI. I'm waiting until they release their DSG support before making any decisions here. I also haven't seen any official indication they are working on MPI support. We have some good COBB tuners for this platform: Stratified, 5150

Eurodyne checks off all the right boxes: custom tunes with flash from home, MPI support, user logging. I'm hesitant to try their DSG tune after reading of all the issues people have with the different revisions. This is the only platform that allows user tweaks right now.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice bud, quick vid looks good!!! Any more tweaking to the tuning, or you just been on the base file so far?