GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI vs Randoms

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
Big time lurker here but finally decided to post something.. Over the past month I've finally ran into people who have wanted to race since the weather is finally getting better here.

Long story short, man GTI's pull hard on unsuspecting victims.. I ran against a stock 2015+ WRX and gapped him hard (most tuned subies I run into don't even want to race it seems), a possibly stage 1 GLI who looked like he wanted to race a Shelby who was further behind me but settled for me instead, and lastly a guy in a Pontiac firebird who got beat by a Subaru forester XT first before he wasn't done feeling disappointed by his "big" V8.

I wish I had video but my passenger didn't think to record it for the last one :confused:
Anyways, I love this car to death and love it even more when people think nothing of it when they see it.

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
Considering he lost from a dig to that Forester that would make much more sense to me if it was the V6. Didn't even think about that.
Either way it was fun and he seemed to be good spirited about it!

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't even bother using cobb's tunes when I bought my accessport so I have nothing to compare it to, but I couldn't be happier with both their stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. Definitely made the car an absolute blast to drive from stock although now it's made me power hungry! I look forward to finishing full bolt on's and upgrading to an IS38 eventually maybe next spring ha. Lots of races between then and now hopefully.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
I didn't even bother using cobb's tunes when I bought my accessport so I have nothing to compare it to, but I couldn't be happier with both their stage 1 and stage 2 tunes. Definitely made the car an absolute blast to drive from stock although now it's made me power hungry! I look forward to finishing full bolt on's and upgrading to an IS38 eventually maybe next spring ha. Lots of races between then and now hopefully.

You should get an intercooler as your next upgrade, I installed an ebay Magic intercooler in black and felt a big different even with JB4 Map1.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
You should get an intercooler as your next upgrade, I installed an ebay Magic intercooler in black and felt a big different even with JB4 Map1.

Do they have it in the stock silver color? I like being able to see it through the grill.

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed

I'm thinking about getting the integrated engineering one because go big or go home, however I haven't done enough research on the Wagner vs IE to make the decision. I know i'll eventually get a bigger turbo and the IE one is on sale atm too.. thoughts guys?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Way to go now I ordered the IE intercooler.. :)
Good choice, however you couldn't go wrong with either one. One is tube and fin the other is bar and plate

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk