GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacing mk7 oem hid bulbs **no bumper removal**

chase361

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so time for me to contribute to the forum. So got 5500k hid bulbs from the retrofit source and no way was I removing my bumper. Found out how to do it. If you turn your wheel all the way to the other side that your working on and remove the 3 upper wheel well screws you can peel back the wheel liner and have access to the 3 torx screws you don’t have access too on the headlight cover. Now this take a special tool I found on amazon that lets you get in there and unscrew them. Full disclosure drivers side is a BITCH! Lol Here are the pics of the tool.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
You know I was just wondering about this the other day. With a lot of cars that "require" bumper removal from for replacing bulbs, I've found its normally easier to drop the fender liner some instead. Thanks for confirming this method works!

chase361

Passed Driver's Ed
Read the manual!

Oh...wait...

:p

I did read the manual, looked in the back for bulbs or headlights did see anything for replacing the bulbs. Is your smart ass comment suppose to mean the manual says to pull back the wheel liner to replace them.... seriously doubt it so your comment is just making you look like a dick!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I did read the manual, looked in the back for bulbs or headlights did see anything for replacing the bulbs. Is your smart ass comment suppose to mean the manual says to pull back the wheel liner to replace them.... seriously doubt it so your comment is just making you look like a dick!

He was being facetious.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Too soon...Too soon

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Why do manufacturer's make it so hard? These are not lifetime items. I just replaced the HID's on my 2009 GTi. The drivers side blew to smithereens so I replaced both. Much easier than this for sure. I hope my MK7 never burn out after the warranty, it's ridiculous that a bulb replacement is so difficult.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Gotta change a light bulb. May as well swap my intercooler while I'm in there... (not really, but c'mon vw!)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk