GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I’m about to get my set of Ampliforms too.

Will post pics when on.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Very nice, can’t wait to see more of these on cars. I’m really interested in the fitments people will run and clearance on the TTRS brakes.

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome, what fitment are you going with on the wheels. I did quite a bit of back and forth with Konig on Wheels with TT-RS brakes so I might be able to help you out and save you some headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with the 18x8.5 et45. The brakes won’t come along until the end of summer or so though. Did you have fitment issues? I’m also going to be getting a set of lightweight wheels for the track so the calipers will need to clear both sets of wheels. Gonna be a headache I can already tell lol

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Do the 17x8 Rennforms et45 clear the PP calipers?

Thinking about 235/45R17 with those instead of doing a 245/40R18 on 18x8.5" wheels.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Went with the 18x8.5 et45. The brakes won’t come along until the end of summer or so though. Did you have fitment issues? I’m also going to be getting a set of lightweight wheels for the track so the calipers will need to clear both sets of wheels. Gonna be a headache I can already tell lol

Well I went in hoping that mine would clear but knowing there was a good chance they wouldn't. The hardest parts was no one I get hold of had the actual CAD template for the TTRS. So I sent as much info as I had to them, and used the best CADs I could find of similar BBKs. But then those CAD files were locked versions so they couldn't overlay them and had to do their best guess. Konig told me my wheels would most likely need 3-4mm to clear and that the inner barrel wouldn't be an issue because with many 18s that is an issue, it is that tight. I test fit with a 4mm and they cleared, ended up buying the 42DD conversion 5mm spacers since the hub on the Konig is 66.56 and we need 57.1. I had the tier shop static balance the wheels so the weights didn't hit the caliper because they did on one of my other sets of wheels.

My wheels are 18x9 et45 Rennforms w/ 5mm they clear.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Do we know if the 18x8.5 will clear 356mm bbks without spacers? Specifically the ampliform

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Do we know if the 18x8.5 will clear 356mm bbks without spacers? Specifically the ampliform

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine should be in and on next week.

I will measure between the PP Caliper and the inside of the wheel for ya.

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
18x8.5 Grey Ampliforms came in! They have a nice subtle metallic flake to them which looks amazing. I’m pretty sure my scale is off though so take the 19.3lbs with a grain of salt, I believe they are lighter. Heading now to have them installed

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
^ Can’t wait to see them on the car!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Whoa! They look amazing!

Now I really can’t wait to get mine in and on the car!!!!!!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Those look really nice, looking forward to pictures with the sun on them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
Nice color combo! I do wish Konig would offer some of these wheels in a basic silver or hyperblack though. They are cheap enough I might just powdercoat though.