GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
If it's misfiring, sure. Cheap enough to switch out and see. Can you guys get Brisk ER12S up there without getting robbed?

I had colder step plugs on my list of things to do. Might as well get them now and see if it helps.

If ever it is misfiring, should I back down the stack until the plugs?

I'm currently trying to find some ER12S without getting robbed ... always a challenge up here.
How was the install on these?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had colder step plugs on my list of things to do. Might as well get them now and see if it helps.

If ever it is misfiring, should I back down the stack until the plugs?

I'm currently trying to find some ER12S without getting robbed ... always a challenge up here.
How was the install on these?

Pretty easy. Couple of vids on youtube. Just be careful with the tabs that hold the coils to the connectors. Easy to snap (I broke one..works fine). Apparently easier to do with warm engine as rubber sleeve easier to pull out of spark plug hole. Twist and pull is key.

I'd back down to just Uni for now.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty easy. Couple of vids on youtube. Just be careful with the tabs that hold the coils to the connectors. Easy to snap (I broke one..works fine). Apparently easier to do with warm engine as rubber sleeve easier to pull out of spark plug hole. Twist and pull is key.

I'd back down to just Uni for now.

I'll swapping them out and see if it helps, thanks!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Switched to an absolute map. Seems like either FOL needs increased from 55 to 60, or I am pushing too much boost above 5500rpm. Trims and AFR go to crap with decent ign_1 and only minor correction on ign_3. Also could be too cold for these settings and need warmer temps.

Still trying to wrap my head around this. Tried not to exceed 'max boost' observed on my previous additive maps (25.7psi with zero corrections and good trims/afr).

https://datazap.me/u/arob157/256abs?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-17-18-26

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Switched to an absolute map. Seems like either FOL needs increased from 55 to 60, or I am pushing too much boost above 5500rpm. Trims and AFR go to crap with decent ign_1 and only minor correction on ign_3. Also could be too cold for these settings and need warmer temps.

Still trying to wrap my head around this. Tried not to exceed 'max boost' observed on my previous additive maps (25.7psi with zero corrections and good trims/afr).

https://datazap.me/u/arob157/256abs?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-17-18-26

Welcome to the limits of the JB4.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I was able to get load up around 12-13 max running FOL 65. Any more than that and I'd trip a CEL for rail pressure.

JB4 hits the reasonable limit around 11 load, in my experience. I'd call it quits around there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Welcome to the limits of the JB4.
Had a feeling this switch would be a little greedy. Will see what it looks like with a DP installed.

I guess lack of control of the fuel mapping is a major limitation. Can only trick the ECU so much. Will message around a bit more, but looks like my additive map is where I will settle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
When comparing don't look at boost look at load. Load is how much boost over ECU you are pushing. High load=more fueling demand.
I was wondering about the load figure. I thought it was related to throttle/pedal position. Still learning. Will message around a bit more with a focus on load factored in. Previous loads 'only' hit 7.5-8 max.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I was able to get load up around 12-13 max running FOL 65. Any more than that and I'd trip a CEL for rail pressure.

JB4 hits the reasonable limit around 11 load, in my experience. I'd call it quits around there.

I saved your MAP6 that was on the unit when I got the app connected (I am not running it though!). I am gonna see what FOL 60 does, but looking at the trim and AFR ramp @ 5000+rpm, I think I see the fueling limitation.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I saved your MAP6 that was on the unit when I got the app connected (I am not running it though!). I am gonna see what FOL 60 does, but looking at the trim and AFR ramp @ 5000+rpm, I think I see the fueling limitation.

Don't run that map.

You need a DP and IC for that.

*I'm not responsible for any breakage resulting in use of those maps* lol

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Don't run that map.

You need a DP and IC for that.

*I'm not responsible for any breakage resulting in use of those maps* lol

I ninja edited my post haha. Not running it!!!