GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust tips

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
What about Weber Grill stainless steel cleaner? If it works on stainless I would think it would work on our exhaust tips. Trying to use what I already have available?

Are the tips aluminum or stainless? Or some other combination?

JS82

Passed Driver's Ed
P21S Polishing Soap works great on exhaust tips without being too harsh.
Quality product made in Germany.

Last edited:

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I use the same stuff my wife bought for cleaning the stainless steel fridge doors... works pretty well as long as you don't let it build up too much between cleanings.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I was a non-believer until I tried it but WD-40 and aluminum foil takes the soot right off then you just follow up with a metal polish of your choice. :)

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
P21S polishing soap. So much better than anything else I've used. Quick wash when doing the wheels to remove the loose stuff, then polish with the P21S and included sponge. Super fast, doesn't feel too abrasive, awesome results.

JD-1

Ready to race!
I bought Sonax Chrome & Metal Polish paste. Good reviews online, haven't tried it out yet.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Why go to all that trouble when there’s barkeepers friend, 30 seconds and no need to polish anything?

Why go and buy barkeeper's friend when I already had WD-40 and aluminum foil? it's not like it took long using this method maybe a couple minutes per tip between cleaning and polishing.

drbipes

I just got my 2015 2 Door SE this past friday and hadn't had a chance to wash it till late Sunday night. Was pretty disappointed with how poorly the exhaust tips had been taken care of considering it only has 17k miles on it.

After doing some reading here and a couple other places I decided to try the "Blue Magic" metal polish. I have to say I was pretty impressed with it. I used a microfiber cloth for the most part but had to use some aluminum on the tough spots, then hit those up with the cloth.

Will see how well it maintains and cleans during regular washes. This is my first post so hopefully my images come through properly. The pollen is crazy here right now, so will probably be washing fairly soon, need to hit up a couple places with cleaner wax and treat the vinyl as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    875.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 236