GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Button socket cap with 3 mm hex drive.

They also offer 8.8 with 8mm hex cap, 10.9 with 4mm hex drive low socket cap, and 12.9 with 4mm hex drive socket cap.
I got some from fastenal but have not used them, dkm sent me a second clutch pack so I bought the strtonger ones from fastenal for when/if I have to replace the clutch.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Which ones?
I don't remember I would have to dig them out but I'm pretty sure I got the strongest ones they had here.

GoGoMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
What make you guys choose the stg3 over stg2 clutch? It looks like stg2 is sufficient if you are not going big turbo. I m trying to decide which one to go and stg2 price is too good to be ignore.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
What make you guys choose the stg3 over stg2 clutch? It looks like stg2 is sufficient if you are not going big turbo.

I am a fan of "go all the way or don't go at all". It's the same reason I haven't bothered with power mods yet. I figure if I am going to go down that road, I will wait til I can build the engine and really go balls to the wall.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
What make you guys choose the stg3 over stg2 clutch? It looks like stg2 is sufficient if you are not going big turbo. I m trying to decide which one to go and stg2 price is too good to be ignore.

I'm in that boat too!!! but I don't see anyone posting about the stage 2 one, and it seems everyone loves the stage 3 twin disk.. I'm also figuring it should last longer since your not going to have 600+ ft lbs of torque.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
One reason is twin disc (stage3) has better longevity, and better pedal feel with more power holding and less pedal effort and for me I went is38 and it was a no brainer to just get the stronger clutch for not much more money to get the peace of mind knowing that I have a good enough clutch to handle anything I through at it and still be an easy daily driver. Honestly you can go wrong with this clutch and it's a dual organic twin which is more forgiving and can return to original form if it gets heated up which Kevlar and ceramic can not

Shaggz

Passed Driver's Ed
Clutch feels great just not used to how stiff it feels. you can definately feel the grip it has. cant wait to do one of jakes intercoolers next

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a video of the chatter/rattle that they get with this setup?

Trying to make a decision on a new clutch and I have this feeling I may be one that will be sensitive to the noise.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE

Trying to make a decision on a new clutch and I have this feeling I may be one that will be sensitive to the noise.

It's no louder than the DI injectors.

Is it louder than the stock clutch setup?

Yes.

Is it loud? Not at all.

Shaggz

Passed Driver's Ed

980 miles into it... 0 chatter. It makes some noise when rolling out in first but then silent and feels stuck rest of gears