GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Haldex Part Number & Cost?

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I've been reading a lot about haldex failures on the Golf R's and want to know what the cost of a replacement would be if mine failed? I can take care of the labor so I just need to know the cost of the part. I'm nearing 28k miles and am tuned so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
The pump is the most common part to fail, and is what Audi replaces under the TSB for it:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/haldex-pump-repair-kit/0cq598549/

Assuming the R is the same part as the S3...

Should be the same part! I've had a few local guys with haldex failures soon after perming a fluid flush and I swapped my fluid about 400 miles ago. Not sure if that just coincidence since most people perform haldex maintenance around 30k miles and the failure prone units go right around that same mileage.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Should be the same part! I've had a few local guys with haldex failures soon after perming a fluid flush and I swapped my fluid about 400 miles ago. Not sure if that just coincidence since most people perform haldex maintenance around 30k miles and the failure prone units go right around that same mileage.

Coincidentally, mine failed soon after a fluid change also. All better now.

https://flic.kr/p/25euF2u

Calubi

Ready to race!
You guys are scaring me! I'm just over 30k now and about to do the DSG fluid change...

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Pretty sure that PN is one of the early versions (which seem to be more prone to failure). Rev T is the most recent version, so if I was replacing, I would go with that.

Good to know! Fed linked the Rev T haldex which is only $200 more.

lostru

Ready to race!
I'm currently at 52K and have zero issues. 25K of that are tuned. Forums are not a representative cross-section of "most" R owners. Reading too much on forums will drive you nuts with all the potential failures if you let it.

MadMen

Ready to race!
You guys are scaring me! I'm just over 30k now and about to do the DSG fluid change...

DSG fluid change is fine. The Haldex gear oil is the one that this affects.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
considering people tend to spend 3k to 20k+ on mods, it seems $1800 isn't much at all. slightly more than APR stage 1 ecu +tcu tune cost. think about it.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I'm currently at 52K and have zero issues. 25K of that are tuned. Forums are not a representative cross-section of "most" R owners. Reading too much on forums will drive you nuts with all the potential failures if you let it.

this.... majority of actual owners don't have that problem, and they do have a factory warranty as well.