GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

KlipZ

Ready to race!

cb1111

That article is old and doesn't take into account the declining skill or carelessness of the current driver (the double lane changers). I want to see the car in the lane next to the car in that picture that is in the blindspot. Even better the lane next to that one too. boom. aspherical mirrors. problem solved.
Mirrors can't help for other stupid drivers.

Here is the problem - one has to legislate for the stupidest amongst us.

Because people can't remember that objects in the mirror are close than they appear, it had to be printed on the mirror.

Because people can't seem to be able to check their tire pressures, we got TPMS (via the TREAD Act)

Because people apparently drive around in the dark without headlights and T-bone other cars we got side markers.

Because people can't put their seat belts we got starter interlocks and lower powered airbags.

Because people are stupid....

Many of our regulations come about because some people are idiots. Disabling those systems gives those same idiots (and others) reason to sue you.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Mirrors can't help for other stupid drivers.

Here is the problem - one has to legislate for the stupidest amongst us.

Because people can't remember that objects in the mirror are close than they appear, it had to be printed on the mirror.

Because people can't seem to be able to check their tire pressures, we got TPMS (via the TREAD Act)

Because people apparently drive around in the dark without headlights and T-bone other cars we got side markers.

Because people can't put their seat belts we got starter interlocks and lower powered airbags.

Because people are stupid....

Many of our regulations come about because some people are idiots. Disabling those systems gives those same idiots (and others) reason to sue you.

And I have no problem flouting regulations where it makes sense to, and where I won't be a danger to others.

We have the same arguments in the vehicular cycling community-- urban cyclists who ride to work year-round (as I do, except on days like today when we have 18"+ of snow falling). By legislation, we have to follow the same rules of the road as automobile drivers, even though many of those rules are ineffective at best, and dangerous at worst, for cyclists. I will flout those rules, too, where it makes sense to, and where I won't be a danger to others.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
My windshield is broken, I can't decide which tune is best, whether manual or DSG is better, and what octane to run. Oh and who's dick is the biggest, always seems to be a hot topic. Thread was least favorite thing about your GTI forum right?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My windshield is broken, I can't decide which tune is best, whether manual or DSG is better, and what octane to run. Oh and who's dick is the biggest, always seems to be a hot topic. Thread was least favorite thing about your GTI forum right?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Don't forget that you don't know which octane to use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Most annoying thing for me so far is the d-bag that bashed my passenger door 1 week into my purchase. [emoji48]