GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Great Clutch debate!!!

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
1295 now....

Send him a message. I think it was listed for that, but I PMed him through their facebook page and he gave me the pricing I stated. I will say though, it looks like everyone has raised the pricing on that kit. I guess since the secret is out that it is a great clutch, they must feel the market will support that higher price point.

For stage 3 or 2? That is pretty good deal.

MS-034-060 (a.k.a. stage 3).

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
A lot of guys seem to like a heavy pedal. I am not one of those guys since my car is a daily and want it as easy as possible for both me and my wife. I know I can’t have everything and a new clutch holding more power will result in a heavier pedal, which is fine to some degree, but looking for the closest to stock as possible. I only plan on going stage 1. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
From what i've read the Sache SRE clutch is the best option for those that want to retain DMF and be as close to stock as possible while still having a clutch that can safely hold Stage1 or 2 power levels.. not sure on longevity though, anyone able to comment on long term use?

I have had my SRE clutch for over a year and a little over 15,000 miles, no issues and at stage two now... I definitely don’t abuse the car but it’s not babied either. When I had the clutch installed I purchased a new DMF.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
A lot of guys seem to like a heavy pedal. I am not one of those guys since my car is a daily and want it as easy as possible for both me and my wife. I know I can’t have everything and a new clutch holding more power will result in a heavier pedal, which is fine to some degree, but looking for the closest to stock as possible. I only plan on going stage 1. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Maybe the TTRS clutch kit or something similar?

I've driven one with Southbend Stage 2 Daily (SMFW) and it was significantly heavier than stock, but that's only because the stock clutch feels so light that it almost feels a bit numb to me.

dasauto GTI

Ready to race!
I have a south bend endurance stage 2. So far I have 5,000 miles on it and its butter smooth when shifting into each gear. The clutch pedal is a little heavier but I felt the oem feel was way to light. Not sure the reliability on this clutch but I have heard that southbend is a great company. In idle there is a little bit of noise but nothing serous or obnoxious. The engagement like said is butter smooth and shifts on the dime.

slow12s

Ready to race!
subscribing to this thread for later...just went jb4 + custom map6 and may need a clutch in the semi-near future

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Maybe the TTRS clutch kit or something similar?

I've driven one with Southbend Stage 2 Daily (SMFW) and it was significantly heavier than stock, but that's only because the stock clutch feels so light that it almost feels a bit numb to me.

Thanks. I’ll look into that one again. Lots of options these days.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
I just finished reading the thread on here about the DKM twin clutch. That seems like a very good option for a clutch that can hold a lot of torque and still be fairly light.
I'm now deciding between the DKM stage 3 twin disk or the DIY TTRS setup. My clutch isn't slipping yet, but it's just a matter of time.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I just finished reading the thread on here about the DKM twin clutch. That seems like a very good option for a clutch that can hold a lot of torque and still be fairly light.
I'm now deciding between the DKM stage 3 twin disk or the DIY TTRS setup. My clutch isn't slipping yet, but it's just a matter of time.

I'm not as familiar with the DKM clutch option, but with those two options in mind it sounds like you are sticking with DMF. Is that correct?

Also, why wouldn't one want to go with a SMF? Is it mostly because of NVH? DMF's are a relatively new concept to me since my other cars have been SMF.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm not as familiar with the DKM clutch option, but with those two options in mind it sounds like you are sticking with DMF. Is that correct?

Also, why wouldn't one want to go with a SMF? Is it mostly because of NVH? DMF's are a relatively new concept to me since my other cars have been SMF.

The dkm twin disc is a single mass flywheel

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk