GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf 7 Clubsport S rear muffler

giskard

I’ve posted this elsewhere buy have drawn a blank. I’d like to buy one of these for my 7.5 GTI.

https://cars245.com/en/item/audi-vol...rear-silencer/

My questions are, is the diameter of the Clubsport S muffler compatible with the 7.5 GTI? Also, is it reasonable simple for the original muffler to be unbolted/unclamped or does it need to be cut from the exhaust system.

Apologies if if this has been covered before. Thanks in advance.

Joel

Ready to race!
Measure the diameter of your exhaust pipe before the muffler.

You will need to cut it off and clamp the new one on.

Roothless

Man that's a shame if that link SRGTD posted holds true. I love my CSS muffler and I thought the only difference that the 7.5 GTI's vs previous models had were bigger exhaust tips :(

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I’ve posted this elsewhere buy have drawn a blank. I’d like to buy one of these for my 7.5 GTI.

https://cars245.com/en/item/audi-vol...rear-silencer/

My questions are, is the diameter of the Clubsport S muffler compatible with the 7.5 GTI? Also, is it reasonable simple for the original muffler to be unbolted/unclamped or does it need to be cut from the exhaust system.

Apologies if if this has been covered before. Thanks in advance.

From memory I think some have mentioned the 7.5 valence openings are a different width. You would either need a valence that fits and matches the Clubsport S Exhaust or you would need to cut each side pipe and position to match 7.5 valence spacing. Think I am right but hope others verify.
The tip diameter is either the same or Clubsport S slightly larger.

giskard

From memory I think some have mentioned the 7.5 valence openings are a different width. You would either need a valence that fits and matches the Clubsport S Exhaust or you would need to cut each side pipe and position to match 7.5 valence spacing. Think I am right but hope others verify.
The tip diameter is either the same or Clubsport S slightly larger.

If I have to change the valence, it will be a bridge too far for me. Was hoping for somewhat OEM ‘drop in’.

The impression I get from that link provided is that they were trying to retrofit a CS, not CSS muffler. Are they the same animal?

Jofa73

Passed Driver's Ed
If I have to change the valence, it will be a bridge too far for me. Was hoping for somewhat OEM ‘drop in’.

The impression I get from that link provided is that they were trying to retrofit a CS, not CSS muffler. Are they the same animal?

yes, same distance between the tips on CS and CSS, not a direct fit on a 7.5.

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
just for your reference

I have compared the MK7 GTI (non clubsport) muffler + exhaust tip with the MK7.5 GTI diffuser.

Sadly it doesn't fit