GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just went STAGE 2 APR POP n BANG

Aussie R

Ready to race!
I honestly don't see much hating, but sounds are completely subjective, emotive and very polarised.

Personally, I like the pops and bangs, hence my next car may well be the RS3, but any sound/power/looks must be factory standard. (modding is not for me)

I think you summed it up perfectly. I too feel as though my next car needs to have it standard, especially as I'll probably lease it. I also agree that the Rs3 is probably the only car that calls me at present within reasonably even stretched budget. I also seem keen on the new 2018 GT mustang, with the new 10 sp trans, updated interior and performance and obviously the looks and exhaust note!

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I think you summed it up perfectly. I too feel as though my next car needs to have it standard, especially as I'll probably lease it. I also agree that the Rs3 is probably the only car that calls me at present within reasonably even stretched budget. I also seem keen on the new 2018 GT mustang, with the new 10 sp trans, updated interior and performance and obviously the looks and exhaust note!

I was on the highway today and a Focus RS was revving at me and it was crackling/popping on the way down and honestly i was disappointed with the sound. Literally 10 minutes later was behind a new (very nice) Jag that also was crackling/popping constantly and holy crap was it annoying. I think the guy was playing with it and must be a new car because it sounded very forced.. It was too much.

I still like it on the R, makes the car sound a bit silly (a funny contrast with how conservative the car looks), but i think im starting to lean towards the "no" side of things after hearing it in real life.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
I think it's each to their own. I think I more prefer the exhaust note now with DP and res delete with the deeper note, gurgles on overrun than the actual "bangs and pops"

I still barely activate it, prob 98% of time it's just in normal mode anyway. I've seen that the newer FL 7.5R and s3 sedan basically have it anyway. Just like this video and this video is just DP so with a res delete or cat back it would be even more. I don't think it needs any more than this anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCY-wQIOpdE

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Lowkey I like the pops and crackles tune and am going to do it to my GTi. But to each their own and it can be annoying, but it's not always on.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Another solid analogy: I seem to remember someone hating on the "pop 'n bang" feature like kids loving Fluffernutter on Wonder Bread.

Buguyed

Ready to race!
I think it's each to their own. I think I more prefer the exhaust note now with DP and res delete with the deeper note, gurgles on overrun than the actual "bangs and pops"

I still barely activate it, prob 98% of time it's just in normal mode anyway. I've seen that the newer FL 7.5R and s3 sedan basically have it anyway. Just like this video and this video is just DP so with a res delete or cat back it would be even more. I don't think it needs any more than this anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCY-wQIOpdE

How did this guy do the pops tune with only APR stage 1? I thought they only add on 2+?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
How did this guy do the pops tune with only APR stage 1? I thought they only add on 2+?
Combo of non-US tune and facelift/mk7.5 engine? That's my guess. Car also has a down pipe, which is a requirement for stage 2 in NA.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

Combo of non-US tune and facelift/mk7.5 engine? That's my guess. Car also has a down pipe, which is a requirement for stage 2 in NA.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

OP says he went APR Stage II high output

Aussie R

Ready to race!

This was before the pops and bangs tune. I was just to show that in the FL S3 or 7.5R with DP alone or res delete you will get it anyway.

So on a stage 2 7.5R you wouldn't necessary need bangs and pops tune it will already have some pops/gurgles as shown in vid.

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I think i'm going back to my standard Stage 2 HO tune. I decided to try the snap crackle pop tune this morning and after about 5 minutes of driving, I hate it. Throttle release is way more abrupt now, and almost feels like you lose boost between shifts. I thought it might be fun to try, but I'm definitely going back to sleeper mode.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Yesterday, I got the AWE Switchpath Remote for STOCK EXHAUST installed and unplugged Soundaktor. I think I finally found the perfect setup!

Wandered into the thread outta curiosity, and glad I did since I'd no clue the switchpath was a thing. I thought it was term they used to refer to their exhaust, but nope this nifty device works with the OE valves. Might have to snag one.

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
I think the Crackle/Pop/Bang tunes sound terrible. Not to mention it will ruin your high flow cat over time.

The pop and bang tune is to a VW what the fart can muffler is to a civic.