GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 3 on original catback exhaust

GolfRG60

Guys,

I have a stage 2 with a CTS downpipe.
The car will have the stage 3 soon but the stock exhaust will remain, mid silencer and rear diffusor (a resonator delete will be mounted as well but after the tune)

Do you think the stage 3 can harm the original rear diffusor? It will be a TTE470 so around 470 hp would be achieved.

Thanks for feedback.

PS anyone has anyone an aftermarket downpipe with the resonator? how does it sound? any clips?

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Guys,

I have a stage 2 with a CTS downpipe.
The car will have the stage 3 soon but the stock exhaust will remain, mid silencer and rear diffusor (a resonator delete will be mounted as well but after the tune)

Do you think the stage 3 can harm the original rear diffusor? It will be a TTE470 so around 470 hp would be achieved.

Thanks for feedback.

PS anyone has anyone an aftermarket downpipe with the resonator? how does it sound? any clips?

You should be ok, but it's a little bit of a bottleneck. You will see a little more power with an upgraded catback. As to the rear diffuser, i don't follow... Are you concerned about more engine movement? I would recommend upgraded mounts for that power level, at the very least a dogbone insert.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
You should have no problem.