GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock F2G Measurements

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
So long story short, my R got hit on the rear right wheel and now that corner appears to be riding a bit high after repair. My strut was replaced but I have plenty of mileage on it so it has definitely settled. It's taken me a while to notice but I'm going back to the body shop Friday.

Can anyone else measure the stock ride height of a 2017 R? I'm also on 18" wheels right now for winter so that might make a small difference.

Front Right:

Front Left:

Rear Left:

Rear Right:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
So long story short, my R got hit on the rear right wheel and now that corner appears to be riding a bit high after repair. My strut was replaced but I have plenty of mileage on it so it has definitely settled. It's taken me a while to notice but I'm going back to the body shop Friday.

Can anyone else measure the stock ride height of a 2017 R? I'm also on 18" wheels right now for winter so that might make a small difference.

Front Right:

Front Left:

Rear Left:

Rear Right:

With the 19” wheels, I’m at 26 3/4. Assuming you’ve checked the air pressure. I just checked mine off today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
My right rear with 18's right now is the same as yours.
BTW, I have DCC.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
So long story short, my R got hit on the rear right wheel and now that corner appears to be riding a bit high after repair. My strut was replaced but I have plenty of mileage on it so it has definitely settled.

So only one strut was replaced? How many miles on them? I would want to replace as a pair if they're anything but very low mileage, like 5k or less.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
So only one strut was replaced? How many miles on them? I would want to replace as a pair if they're anything but very low mileage, like 5k or less.
Yeah just one was replaced. Car was hit with 1900 miles on it so I guess it's not a big deal.

The body shop did great work but the dealership doing the mechanical stuff I'm not so sure. They have a great rep in the area too. They were struggling to get the car to alignment spec until they replaced the knuckle and said it was all good.

Then about a month after I got the car back I needed a new windshield which requires an alignment and DAP recalibration. My dealer who did the windshield said the alignment was way out of spec.
A little variance is normal...they're not all going to be exact at every corner

If it was an 1" difference though, that'd be a difference story
It was weird. When I first measured in my driveway it was about an inch but the driveway has a very slight incline. The pics in the initial post I took in a flat parking garage.