GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

where does this plug go ?

jalalor

While cleaning my car I found this plug on the driver's side floor mat. For the life of me I can't figure out where it came from. Ideas ?

cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_6551 (1).jpg
    IMG_6551 (1).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 487

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Does it have a part no. on the reverse? I found a ‘plastic part’ under the driver’s seat the first time I cleaned my car and it had a part number stamped on the reverse. It was very small, so I had to use a magnifying glass to read it, but google-ing the number identified what the part was.

jalalor

Does it have a part no. on the reverse? I found a ‘plastic part’ under the driver’s seat the first time I cleaned my car and it had a part number stamped on the reverse. It was very small, so I had to use a magnifying glass to read it, but google-ing the number identified what the part was.

Not much of a part number on the back side. Makes me wonder if this is even a VW part.

Attachments

• IMG_6559.jpg
    IMG_6559.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 419

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I can't identify it, but not every part has a part number. Look under the seat and under the dash. If you don't see where it could go, throw it in the glove compartment, just in case.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It holds the carpet down. Remove your floor mat, and there should be a screw popping out under the dash along the floor.

jalalor

It holds the carpet down. Remove your floor mat, and there should be a screw popping out under the dash along the floor.

crxgator for the win!!!!

you are 100% correct, it was holding the carpet right behind the brake pedal. I was able to put it back in it's place. If it falls out again, I might put a bit of glue on it so it stays more firmly...

IllinoisGTIGuy

I found the same fastener in the spare tire well. Anyone know another location for these other than behind the brake pedal?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I found the same fastener in the spare tire well. Anyone know another location for these other than behind the brake pedal?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They are used to hold down the interior carpet as well as some trim pieces across the entire car. Since you found it in the back, I would start looking around there.