GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight washers sticking out

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
Been a proper plonker on this occasion without thinking toppped up the washer fluid with out any mix just water a bit of rush and laziness. I think something may be frozen. Guys I’ve got a genuine problem on my hands. How can I sort this without causing further problems !! Would love some tips always been working fine I think that cold night was just too cold plus me not using my loaf. Has this ever happened to anyone ???

Amrit

Been a proper plonker on this occasion without thinking toppped up the washer fluid with out any mix just water a bit of rush and laziness. I think something may be frozen. Guys I’ve got a genuine problem on my hands. How can I sort this without causing further problems !! Would love some tips always been working fine I think that cold night was just too cold plus me not using my loaf. Has this ever happened to anyone ???
Mate i've just been out noticed the exact ssme thing happened to mine popped to.my local mechanic he said the pipe is probably freezed with the cold weather but will.sort itself out once.tempersture goes back to normal

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
As Amrit has said, your washers should pop back down when the weather warms up a bit.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but get some screen wash concentrate in there a.s.a.p. at an appropriate level of concentration to ensure your washer fluid doesn’t freeze in these sub-zero temperatures we’re currently getting. I use VW screen wash concentrate and haven’t had any issues so far with the headlamp washers freezing in the ‘up’ position.

Amrit

I take it you had a good screenwash and not just water.
I've got part screenwash and water in but the mechanic told me even his volvo xc60 with screenwash which is supposed to work down to -20 has frozen up. Common thing apparantly

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers I guess I should just wait for a bit of good weather , before I start messing around with the kettle and hairdryer.

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
I use VW screen wash concentrate and haven’t had any issues so far with the headlamp washers freezing in the ‘up’ position.
Do you dilute this stuff down and if you do what ratio do you use? Thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
the thing is you have to empty the last of the weak stuff at the bottom of the screen wash tank....& having xenons & winter pack I have the huge 5lt tank...& having looked at the tank & hoses for the system behind the bumper, I recon cold air will affect it..& don't forget wind chill which reduces the temp further...I use coma -50 & dilute to -25 no problems...

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
It's normal, mine has done it every year and will be ok after it thaws out. Mine went back in after a drive yesterday but were out again this morning. Better than the BMW ones as they popped off the plastic covers completely when they did it on my e92