GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Buckle up Florida, gonna be a bumpy ride. I wonder if the NRA is going to pass off some more legislation to the ATF to hash over. Since they don't want to support us themselves anymore..... What a lame organization.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
It’s a goat rope:

1. Take ccw class
2. Get fingerprinted
3. Get written recommendation from 3 (or 5, I forget) non-family residents of the state
4. Run a classified ad for a week in an approved local newspaper with your name, address, and intention
5. Pay hefty fee
6. Wait

And it’s “may issue”, so if the judge is having a bad day, you can arbitrarily be denied (though most are approved).
Are you serious on this? Wow.....

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Buckle up Florida, gonna be a bumpy ride. I wonder if the NRA is going to pass off some more legislation to the ATF to hash over. Since they don't want to support us themselves anymore..... What a lame organization.

Seems to me SAF and GOA are better at lawsuits but I believe the NRA has the money to donate to politicians.

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
that sucks, if you have your concealed you can get a handgun that day in the State or is there any waiting period with one? I am second thinking I may just carry on my credentials instead of having both like I did in FL.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
that sucks, if you have your concealed you can get a handgun that day in the State or is there any waiting period with one? I am second thinking I may just carry on my credentials instead of having both like I did in FL.

There are no waiting periods for firearm purchases in DE, just however long it takes for your FBI check to go through. That was about two minutes on the rifle I purchased in December at Cabela’s.

In addition to the lengthy and perilous CCW process, DE also prohibits suppressors, machine guns, and short barrel shotguns. SBRs are the only Class 3 item allowed.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
There are no waiting periods for firearm purchases in DE, just however long it takes for your FBI check to go through. That was about two minutes on the rifle I purchased in December at Cabela’s.

Same here in Georgia. Literally took like 20 minutes total and was a part of the checkout process. Once you're in the stores system it's even faster since they don't have to manually re-enter the information.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Same here in Georgia. Literally took like 20 minutes total and was a part of the checkout process. Once you're in the stores system it's even faster since they don't have to manually re-enter the information.
Yea buying a gun at my FFL takes me 5 minutes. They do a background check online now and in like 4 clicks I'm cleared for the purchase. I have filled out the form so much I look at him and hold a conversation without even reading or looking at it anymore lol. Everything gets marked "no" and sign and date.

Have a nice day sir.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Anyone here have an STI 2011? Anything advice before I jump into one?

USPSA?

Overall they're damn solid guns for the money. Like any race gun they can have some quirks and issues, but thats par for the course with 1911/2011 platforms.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
and the winner in the race to give the world a carbine chambered in 10mm is......... *drum roll*

HI-POINT NAILED IT!

If it's anything like the 9mm, it's gonna be a winner and come with a chicken dinner.

HicBuda

Ready to race!

I had a "accurized" STI Legend 2011 in .45 and will say definitively you need to invest in quality mags and correct ammo ex. 185 vs 230 grn. But otherwise it was so smooth and back-on-target.

Traded for a Harley...

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8

In addition to the lengthy and perilous CCW process, DE also prohibits suppressors, machine guns, and short barrel shotguns. SBRs are the only Class 3 item allowed.

Good to know! I have set my sights on townsend for new construction home... Got my credentials today and since there is no weight i'll just carry on those! Now to save some money for Smith's VW goodies.

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed

I have a STI single stack and it's been flawless. I ordered it from Brazos in Texas and they offered a package where hey give it a good once over and adjust the trigger. I've been really happy with the gun. So I can't speak to the 2011, but that is the route I'd go again if I were gonna get a double stack gamer gun.