GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Dyno! 2017 SE Manual

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
If you plan on going APR, just make sure you're not planning on any turbo upgrades that aren't the IS38 or EFR7163. Seems like i've seen a lot of remorse lately about people who end up going another direction than APR and having to eat a lot of the costs. (BOSS Kits, Hybrids, PR MPI, etc)

These guys aren't hurting. They will buy a BOSS 500 then a month later get bored and switch to a BOSS 600.

ndenning46

Hello all,

New guy here. Just picked up a brand new 17" SE Manual last month. Decided to throw it on the dyno before I start modding. To my surprise, stock numbers to the wheel are 243whp/285wtq! As noted by many, VW is highly underrating these!

Not surprising, considering I've owned my share of modified cars, and this thing pulls like a freight train right out the box.

I've surprised a number of unsuspecting opponents, from: BMW 335i, Porsche Macan Turbo, Civic "Hype-R" (306hp), a focus SE, and an A7 3.0T... Which lead me to wonder what this thing is truly putting out.

Looking forward to getting it tuned soon and posting another sheet with gains!

I think that dyno needs recalibrating, that’s fantasyland stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I think that dyno needs recalibrating, that’s fantasyland stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know. It's a reputable shop. Also the butt dyno seems honest :) along with the caliber of cars I've smoked so far. but hey, the drag strip will validate soon...

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Go maestro and future proof yourself. Why buy 2-3 tunes when one package gives you everything? You are 6mt as well so you can customize the power to save the clutch.

Or if you want the hand held, Cobb and 5150. First hand experience. Jon is a wiz.

Honestly, 3 years into the platform, there is no reason to go APR, GIAC or Uni anymore. It's slower, cookie cutter and more expensive.

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Go maestro and future proof yourself. Why buy 2-3 tunes when one package gives you everything? You are 6mt as well so you can customize the power to save the clutch.

Or if you want the hand held, Cobb and 5150. First hand experience. Jon is a wiz.

Honestly, 3 years into the platform, there is no reason to go APR, GIAC or Uni anymore. It's slower, cookie cutter and more expensive.

Good info. Can you custom tune the Eurodyne deal? Looks like it has preselected programs.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Good info. Can you custom tune the Eurodyne deal? Looks like it has preselected programs.

Anyone can custom tune on Maestro (Eurodyne). Best to leave it to the experts though, or at least learn from them. Pre-selected maps also available.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
@Ndenning46 Dynojets never need calibrating at all, let alone recalibrating. They use an equation that takes the mass of the roller(rollers) and determines power/TQ based on how fast it spins it up(very simplified explanation). Unless they removed weight from the roller, you never need to recalibrate a dynojet. There are no settings to change to alter power except correction factory, and smoothing. Standard for most platforms is SAE, BMW guys use STD, and smoothing 5 is the standard used by most.

VDUB725

Ready to race!
I too have a 2017 SE manal but to I'm already on ED. I'm thinking about getting it dynoed, then reflashing to stock to get my stock numbers. Anyone see a problem with my thinking?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I personally think it’s a bit optimistic, but, hey you never know. Once he dynos his APR stage 1 I guess we’ll have a better idea.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Well done! That sounds about right. In terms of tuning, Im keeping my JB4 and will wait on maestro. I'm hoping another tuner comes out with a custom suite like it as that would be great for me.