Chemical Guys or Adams Polishes

• Chemical Guys

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Adams Polishes

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Porknozzle

Passed Driver's Ed

CG EcoSmart Wash is loaded with a clay and wax mixture that really covers up swirls and scratches. For me that's not an ideal situation but in Cali that might make a lot of sense if you have water restrictions.

CG Blacklight (Radiant Black) is really just a filler glaze with some sealant in it. I used it in the past but I have found better options. Prima Amigo is one that I think is head and shoulders above Blacklight.

In my experience EcoSmart doesn't cover any scratches, it just cleans your car without all that hose, multiple buckets, foam cannon nonsense. I actually did a six month long test with 5 different products, Griot's Spray Wash, Chemical Guys EcoSmart, both grades of Optimum no rise and the equivalent to a two-bucket wash. They all scratch... period. If my car is particularly dirty I'll run it through a touchless car wash to get most of the dirt off.

As for Blacklight I agree it's nothing special. I just use it because I have it but won't buy more. I'm currently top coating with Jet Seal which I like.

Peace out.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Please go back and read the first paragraph of my post.

Thank you.
I read it all, and I have done the same for about as long.

Every brand has homeruns and failures. I was unable to find enough homeruns with CG to keep me on board. The only CG product I lean against now and PRAISE the shat out of, is the hexlogix pads. Those are the best pads I have ever used.

I just find their marketing tactics(colors and smells), and lack of fresh to the trade advice in videos very unappealing to me.

TroyScherer

Ready to race!
In my experience EcoSmart doesn't cover any scratches, it just cleans your car without all that hose, multiple buckets, foam cannon nonsense. I actually did a six month long test with 5 different products, Griot's Spray Wash, Chemical Guys EcoSmart, both grades of Optimum no rise and the equivalent to a two-bucket wash. They all scratch... period. If my car is particularly dirty I'll run it through a touchless car wash to get most of the dirt off.

As for Blacklight I agree it's nothing special. I just use it because I have it but won't buy more. I'm currently top coating with Jet Seal which I like.

Peace out.

I'm cool with whatever everyone like to use. My theory is to find what you like and what works for you and use it often.

If you like Rinse-less type washes you should look into the Garry Dean "Infinite Use Detail Juice" and GLOSS SHOP "TRIFECTA". Both are really excellent washes as well as being super slick. The GLOSS SHOP "TRIFECTA" was made to be used with waxes as well as the Si02 coatings and the gloss and slickness it leaves behind is really something you have to experience as me telling you doesn't do it justice IMO.

I am always looking for new and better products and to help others if they are interested.