GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw Scirocco parts request

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So have a buddy visiting who has a 2012 VW Scirocco.
His sunroof cover is bad and needs a replacement. VW dealer in Kuwait wants something like $1k for one. Do any of you know where I could get that part in the states (seeing as we don't have the Scirocco). Don't even have a part number and for all I know, it could be a universal VW part.

Tried a Google search and couldn't come up with anything, even on UK sites.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I've found if the model isn't available here you can't get a part for it here. The part number isn't in the system here, and they don't have a cross reference. Of course if it's the same item... I assume he checked to see if the part number for his cover is the same as the part number for a GTI there? His dealer surely knows both part numbers.

Then you can buy one here, or try http://www.e-acca.com/ in Latvia? where parts are cheap but takes a month to get it here? If he has the part number for his I would think e-acca can get him the exact one and ship it directly to him.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Kind of figured dealerships wouldn't have it, unless it was a shared part with a Passat or Golf or something. I checked e-acca, but realized you have to have part number, which he didn't have. We'll call dealer in Kuwait and get it or find a service manual for it and go from there.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Best of luck. VAG sucks. An electrical part I was looking for that's shared between an R and an S3 here can't be ordered by part number because they use different part numbers. There's no cross-reference either. Audi was closer in my travels but I needed to go to a VW dealer.