GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Negative Camber Strut Mounts

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Not sure, it's honestly barely noticeable. I think it may be due to the fact that the diameter of the strut bearing is about 1mm smaller than the diameter of the bottom of the strut mount so it may rattle around a bit. It's 100% silent in normal driving

Any noticeable improvement in cornering or steering feel?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I've got an appointment tomorrow for my install with bilsteins on ED springs, with an alignment. I'll report back as soon as I can. I hope to give the car a good thrashing on Sunday as well :cool:

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Are these compatible with the MSS springs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

Pretty sure 034 says on the site that they are compatible with any suspension that uses OEM mounts. As long as your springs/coilovers use the stock mounts they would work.

Just got back from a quick Little Tujunga Canyon run and the car worked great. I'll give a better write up when I'm at a computer tomorrow, but short story: I love the added camber, and the road noise isn't bad at all. Some very low speed noise, but not consistent. I think these mounts give you everything a camber plate setup gives without the noise and concern for spherical bearing wear or failure. Well done 034.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I’m not sure. I don’t have the springs yet but it’s a route I’m considering along with these so just wanted to be sure.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Now that I'm at a computer I can give a bit more detailed review.

I had my new suspension setup installed Saturday at Emmanule Design in Anaheim. Here are the parts they installed, as well as what I currently have installed:

Bilstein B8 shocks F/R
034 Dynamic+ Camber Mounts
034 HD Rear Shock Mounts
New OEM Strut bearings

eMMotion Lowering springs (have been on the vehicle for 20k+ miles)
eMMotion Rear Sway Bar (has been installed for 10k+ miles)

An alignment was done after the installation. I need to look into it a bit more but my camber and caster were uneven L/R. I'm guessing from a shifted subframe, I don't think that was touched. If we even the 2 sides out it gives me about -2.3-2.4 each side. Here's the alignment sheet:

20180115_115206 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I've put about 125 miles on this setup so far, 90% of it being street and highway miles and 10% of it being a very spirited blast through Little Tujunga road on Sunday. One of my favorite canyon roads as it's fairly tight so the speeds stay low overall versus with longer sweepers like on Hwy 2.

Street and Highway impressions, the car turns sharply and drives well. Massive improvement in ride quality and comfort from the bilsteins, but that's for a different thread. I'd say that there is a increase in road noise with these mounts, maybe 25% more than the ECS HD strut mounts I had before which is expected. No additional vibrations or odd feelings in the steering wheel. Bumps in the road do feel sharper, more is transferred directly into the car due to less isolation. No low speed noise from the mounts, aside from bumps transferring more noise the suspension is 100% quiet at all speeds.

Canyon impressions, there was a huge change in handling dynamics with the new shocks the biggest improvement from the mounts is the ability to hear what each corner is doing. With less isolation in the front and rear mounts, tire noise is transferred into the cabin in hard cornering, giving you much better feedback on how hard it's working. As soon as you're in a corner you can hear the grip/howl come up from the fenders. I pushed the car as hard as I like to and could tell when I could apply more throttle in a corner or when I could turn harder. Very nice improvement there, and a reasonable trade for the NVH increases.

All in all, $300 to get over -2 degrees front camber without any real negatives or concerns you'd have with spherical bearing camber plates, these things are a bargain. If you don't like the idea of some additional road noise but want negative camber up front you'd have to look to $1000 lower control arms or some hybrid Clubsport setup. I think these mounts are WELL worth any trade offs.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Now that I'm at a computer I can give a bit more detailed review.

I had my new suspension setup installed Saturday at Emmanule Design in Anaheim. Here are the parts they installed, as well as what I currently have installed:

Bilstein B8 shocks F/R
034 Dynamic+ Camber Mounts
034 HD Rear Shock Mounts
New OEM Strut bearings

eMMotion Lowering springs (have been on the vehicle for 20k+ miles)
eMMotion Rear Sway Bar (has been installed for 10k+ miles)

An alignment was done after the installation. I need to look into it a bit more but my camber and caster were uneven L/R. I'm guessing from a shifted subframe, I don't think that was touched. If we even the 2 sides out it gives me about -2.3-2.4 each side. Here's the alignment sheet:

20180115_115206 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I've put about 125 miles on this setup so far, 90% of it being street and highway miles and 10% of it being a very spirited blast through Little Tujunga road on Sunday. One of my favorite canyon roads as it's fairly tight so the speeds stay low overall versus with longer sweepers like on Hwy 2.

Street and Highway impressions, the car turns sharply and drives well. Massive improvement in ride quality and comfort from the bilsteins, but that's for a different thread. I'd say that there is a increase in road noise with these mounts, maybe 25% more than the ECS HD strut mounts I had before which is expected. No additional vibrations or odd feelings in the steering wheel. Bumps in the road do feel sharper, more is transferred directly into the car due to less isolation. No low speed noise from the mounts, aside from bumps transferring more noise the suspension is 100% quiet at all speeds.

Canyon impressions, there was a huge change in handling dynamics with the new shocks the biggest improvement from the mounts is the ability to hear what each corner is doing. With less isolation in the front and rear mounts, tire noise is transferred into the cabin in hard cornering, giving you much better feedback on how hard it's working. As soon as you're in a corner you can hear the grip/howl come up from the fenders. I pushed the car as hard as I like to and could tell when I could apply more throttle in a corner or when I could turn harder. Very nice improvement there, and a reasonable trade for the NVH increases.

All in all, $300 to get over -2 degrees front camber without any real negatives or concerns you'd have with spherical bearing camber plates, these things are a bargain. If you don't like the idea of some additional road noise but want negative camber up front you'd have to look to $1000 lower control arms or some hybrid Clubsport setup. I think these mounts are WELL worth any trade offs.

Good to know.

Smahatma

Yes, I'm currently running them with MSS sport adjustables and superpro 0006K LCAs. Subframe is deadset with the 034 collars. I am pretty close to factory height for winter.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I'm currently running them with MSS sport adjustables and superpro 0006K LCAs. Subframe is deadset with the 034 collars. I am pretty close to factory height for winter.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk