GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control and DSG abuse

Is launch control bad for your DSG?

• If it's in the owners manual, it should be used daily.

Votes: 49 20.8%
  • Only on rare occasions like driving the mother-in-law to church

Votes: 78 33.1%
  • Once every couple months or less.

Votes: 63 26.7%
  • Never, don't even try it

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • What is Launch Control?

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yikes. Its possible that RoyB long gone.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Why not revive an Lc thread =) why start a new one. There are so many. Feds right if you don't know this dsg has a wet clutch go do some homework. I definitely appreciate the wet vs dry clutch debate and would like to hear more on that and why vag decided to go with what they did for the models they chose to.

Launch control is very cool. Use it anytime I get an opportunity. Not very frequently, but it's awesome. Love it. Surprisingly functional for the long reputation of audi launch control being touchy and failing often.

I do it on the all seasons and it frankly may be more stressful with stickier tires right? Lol... only got wheel hop twice In this car and neither time was from launch control. I believe it had alot to do with the road surface as gogo stated.

For me , LC behaves better with drive mode in normal. Individual setting, whether in auto or manual, drive system in normal. Always turned off esc fully. Not just asr.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Can turn ESC off fully, with coding.

I have mine set for short press ESC Sport, long press ESC Off.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You guys should also look at the “starting vibration reduction disable” mod, and the “throttle” mod. If not already.

Search and ye shall find

RoyB2

Ready to race!
You don't even know NA DSG's have wet clutch packs and you're questioning me?

I guess a month after any new vehicle/platform hits the streets, everyone should know every detail about the vehicle :rolleyes:. Golly Gee, I wish I was as smart as everyone else.

Also, my car has not broken yet. Almost 3 years later and many LC launches on stage 2.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
How have you done 3 years of launches on a car that's a month old platform?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
How have you done 3 years of launches on a car that's a month old platform?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have yet to launch at 3,800 RPM. I'll rev the engine up to 2,000 RPM, let off the brake and floor the gas. Eliminates turbo lag and takes off instantly.

Last edited: