GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Iroz options?

RoyB2

Ready to race!
The search function doesn't come up with much info. Their website shows several different options to chose from.

Any know the differences? Anyone know what the stock engine can handle in terms of power? I thought I read something like 420tq and 470hp?

I emailed them but never got a response, may have to give them a ring. Would like to have a little better idea of I am looking for before talking to them though.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Seems like a fairly new shop owned by an experienced and caring guy. They do state to limit your power to 420 lb. ft. on stock internals.

http://www.irozmotorsport.com/

http://www.irozmotorsport.com/mqb-ims-turbo-kits/

Found this article:

http://www.vwboost.com/content.php?...he-MKVII-Golf-GTI-R-8V-Audi-A3-and-MKIII-TT-S

Notice they state only UM's DSG tune will hold the power of their kits.

You're in Chicago. IIWY, I would hop on a plane and visit them at their shop in Vegas. What's the cost for a plane ticket compared to what you'll spend on their turbo kit? You're at $7,000 minimum for their IMS650 kit and UM software without installation.

There are a number of members here who live in Vegas. You might want to start a thread with Vegas in the title so they'll see it. Perhaps one or some would pay him a visit before you go see for yourself.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
The search function doesn't come up with much info. Their website shows several different options to chose from.

Any know the differences? Anyone know what the stock engine can handle in terms of power? I thought I read something like 420tq and 470hp?

I emailed them but never got a response, may have to give them a ring. Would like to have a little better idea of I am looking for before talking to them though.

I have seen Hank Iroz post on the VW MK7 Golf - GTI - R - MQB Facebook group. It's a fairly active group and if you wanted more info I would post there.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
I am not on FB and I already have UM tune so it shouldn't be as big of a blow. Flying to Vegas to talk about turbos would be nice, but I don't have that kind of free time. I have seen some youtube videos of him showing products to other people and he seems like a guy that knows his stuff.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I'm going with the IMS650 kit in the next couple months. I'll be on stock internals for now. On E85 that kit will make around 420wtq and 520whp. After internals and a simple retune it will make around 550wtq and close to 600whp. If you need more you can send the turbo back to Iroz and they will upgrade it to any of the bigger ones for $700.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm going with the IMS650 kit in the next couple months. I'll be on stock internals for now. On E85 that kit will make around 420wtq and 520whp. After internals and a simple retune it will make around 550wtq and close to 600whp. If you need more you can send the turbo back to Iroz and they will upgrade it to any of the bigger ones for $700.

You're already into 5-figures, what's another $700.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
You're already into 5-figures, what's another $700.

Well for me, the bigger turbo also needs internals, and DSG clutches, and a few other things. I think the stock block tune on the IMS650 kit will be good for now. Then do internals next year and retune. I plan on daily driving year round for at least one more year.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Well for me, the bigger turbo also needs internals, and DSG clutches, and a few other things. I think the stock block tune on the IMS650 kit will be good for now. Then do internals next year and retune. I plan on daily driving year round for at least one more year.

You have more nerve than me, and I can afford it. :)

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I can afford to go straight to the IMS810 if I wanted. But I live in Canada and want to daily a 10 second car through winter to say I've done it. I also like improving the car incrementally, I find I appreciate it more.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
So 650 kits are good with stock internals to what power levels? I emailed AMS because they are local and had some builds on youtube with their kits.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
The Iroz kit uses United Motorsports tuning. They have a file that limits torque to 420 ft. lbs. for stock internals. If you add the fuelling option and run E85 you can get around 520 whp with that set up. On 91 octane it make around 470 whp. AMS currently doesn't have a big turbo setup available. They make downpipes, intercoolers and intakes only.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Ims 650 kit has no cat when using their DP. And their DP is mandatory. Otherwise I’d be all over this kit.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
The Iroz kit uses United Motorsports tuning. They have a file that limits torque to 420 ft. lbs. for stock internals. If you add the fuelling option and run E85 you can get around 520 whp with that set up. On 91 octane it make around 470 whp. AMS currently doesn't have a big turbo setup available. They make downpipes, intercoolers and intakes only.

beware the ams intercooler!!

RoyB2

Ready to race!

AMS emailed me back saying the can install the IROZ so I am seeing what else they have to say.

No cat on the DP might be a deal breaker for me though. I've had catless cars before and they just aren't enjoyable to be around unless they are track cars.

Right now I am looking to stay with 93 octane only. Can you still run 93 if it's tuned for e85?