GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dipped mirrors

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

When I'm reversing the left mirror drips, but when I switch to the right it doesn't , is this normal ?

Thanks

Yes. For a RHD car, only the left mirror dips so you can see the kerb when parallel parking. The mirror adjustment control needs to be set to the 'L' position for it to work. If you've not already done so, the procedure for setting it up so it's adjusted correctly for you is outlined in the manual.

Shercoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes. For a RHD car, only the left mirror dips so you can see the kerb when parallel parking. The mirror adjustment control needs to be set to the 'L' position for it to work. If you've not already done so, the procedure for setting it up so it's adjusted correctly for you is outlined in the manual.

Thanks for the reply, so there is no ways to make the mirrors dip together ?

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I no longer have a Golf so can't say for certain but I don't think so. Why would you want the offside mirror to dip?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
So when I reverse I don't curb alloys

But in the majority of instances in the U.K. In a RHD car, if parallel parking, the kerb would be on the nearside and the (L/H) mirror on that side dips.

I think it's illegal in the U.K. to parallel park on the right hand side of the road facing oncoming traffic, unless in a designated parking bay, in which case i can understand it would be useful for the offside mirror to dip, especially if this is a regular occurrence. If it's only occasionally, you can always manually adjust the mirror to angle downwards so you can see the kerb.