GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under seat storage

PeterK1

My U.K. spec 2016 65reg. 1.4tsi se estate, a recent used buy, only has a storage drawer under the front passenger seat, not the driver's seat. Is this normal? From reading earlier forum posts I would expect both front seats to have one.
I am enjoying the car non-the-less!
Getting 43mpg real mileage so far, as opposed to an indicated 46.5 on the display.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

Bakili

Ready to race!
My 63 plate 1.6 TDI SE estate has both, driver and passenger under seat storage draws

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Mine had both, however I removed the drivers side & fitted the fire extinguisher....

PeterK1

My U.K. spec 2016 65reg. 1.4tsi se estate, a recent used buy, only has a storage drawer under the front passenger seat, not the driver's seat. Is this normal? From reading earlier forum posts I would expect both front seats to have one.
I am enjoying the car non-the-less!
Getting 43mpg real mileage so far, as opposed to an indicated 46.5 on the display.
Thanks for the replies. It looks to me like one drawer has been deleted from the spec sometime since 2013.
Never mind, it will save weight and reduce the chance of rattles. Not a safe thing for a driver to be using anyway. Nice to know the car is complete!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
My 63 has both, I take it the entire drawer assembly is missing and not just the drawer that has been forgotten to be put in?

marvin1

Ready to race!
A more useless storage place I cannot think of. Useful for a few pieces of paper or passport I suppose but little else.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
My 14 GTD has both.

Its a great idea but the draw capacity lets them down. I think I have a couple of USB leads and tissues in mine. There not felt lined so stuff rattles too.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Driver's side only for me too here in the states. (MK7 GTI S) - Also wish the capacity was a little greater, fits my Uniconnect cable nicely though. :)

PeterK1

My 63 has both, I take it the entire drawer assembly is missing and not just the drawer that has been forgotten to be put in?

Looks to me like there never has been a drawer on the driver's side. Ah well, I won't miss what I never had. I am consoled that I am not alone in this.