GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD owner

Shercoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all.

Collecting a 14 plate GTD on Monday fingers crossed.

Always joined the forums, other people's knowledge and advice is so helpful.

Plan to put a DTUK module on, they seem a good bit of kit for money.

Shercoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Make sure u get some pics up when u pick her up

Course I will, just looking around this forum! My list of questions are growing, so is my shopping list.

What's difference between mk7 and mk7.5? Just lights?
Not 100% sure what is on the GTD compared to others, but other members pics the rear windows look far more tinted than mine...

Mine has sun roof, sat nav, keyless and dynamic sound I think it's called.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Course I will, just looking around this forum! My list of questions are growing, so is my shopping list.

What's difference between mk7 and mk7.5? Just lights?
Not 100% sure what is on the GTD compared to others, but other members pics the rear windows look far more tinted than mine...

Mine has sun roof, sat nav, keyless and dynamic sound I think it's called.

Main differences between mk7 and mk7.5 GTD are new front / rear LED lights, active info display (digital dash display), new infotainment system (MIB 3) with larger touchscreen, alcantara seat option (cost option), new design bumpers, new design wheels and new colour choices.

Some members rear windows may be more tinted than yours as there's a a cost option to spec 95% tints for the rear side windows and rear screen.

Shercoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Main differences between mk7 and mk7.5 GTD are new front / rear LED lights, active info display (digital dash display), new infotainment system (MIB 3) with larger touchscreen, alcantara seat option (cost option), new design bumpers, new design wheels and new colour choices.

Some members rear windows may be more tinted than yours as there's a a cost option to spec 95% tints for the rear side windows and rear screen.

Fair difference then! Cheers for the info, do you like the polo? I'm trading In a Fiesta st, with a few mods! love the car but need 5 doors now due to baby on the way.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Fair difference then! Cheers for the info, do you like the polo? I'm trading In a Fiesta st, with a few mods! love the car but need 5 doors now due to baby on the way.

Yes, really like the Polo. Had it just over a year now and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. Only potential downside is the small boot, but not an issue for me. Here it is after I'd machine polished and waxed it;

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums...oads/40EBA6EE-1C55-4E86-B1A3-99E189AD915B.jpg

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
:D

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
True, can't wait to get my hand on it and give it a good detail...

I have 14' GTD, here it is after a serious session with a clay bar and polish

What colour is yours?

marvin1

Ready to race!
Shame some of the wheels on the MK7.5 and on some models, I would be interested in, have resorted to polished cut alloy treatment. My new Golf Match has nice simple 5-spoked alloys with no farty polished surfaces to show white worm and be almost impossible to touch up.

And I think that active display is an optional extra on the 7.5 on the SE Navigation. Anyway, hasn't it lost a nice mechanical knob which is a shame as tactile ones are better and less distracting than having to find virtual ones which of course are dangerous when driving and looking ahead!

Shercoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Collected her late last night, so far so good, but only drove 20miles..

Only thing I have notice is mpg avg reset its self, got a figure driving it home from vw but once came to work this evening it reset its self. Any ideas,

It's also having a engine clean on Friday.