GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

January GTI Incentives

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
CosmosMpower said:
Don’t even need to go that far just buy some f40, Enzo, cgt, p1, laferraris and 997.2 RS 4.0

To drive, definitely. I was thinking more in terms of new cost vs current resale value. :D

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
So does this mean the 2018 Golf lineup won't be added to vw.com until February?

Flexmoney

2017 GTI dealer cash was $3500 from 12/1-1/8 (December was extended by 6 days), with $500 Holiday Bonus cash added later in the month.

However, that's irrelevant, unless you've built a time machine and plan to go back to December to buy a GTI, in which case you need to think bigger and travel back to the 1960s and buy up every Hemi-powered Chrysler product you can get your hands on.

Thanks SA. I had a dealer offer from December, that I didn't move on. I was looking to see what had changed for January. Trying to figure out if there was a difference (that the dealer's websites wouldn't reflect).

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Thanks SA. I had a dealer offer from December, that I didn't move on. I was looking to see what had changed for January. Trying to figure out if there was a difference (that the dealer's websites wouldn't reflect).

I believe the remaining 2017 VWs will be final-paid (ie final incentive from VW paid to dealers on remaining stock) at the end of February, so I suspect the current incentives will continue through then. I'll update if they add more cash, but I doubt they will. With the 2018s on the lots, there can't be many 2017s left.

enrikito

I've been tracking a handful of 2017's locally for a couple of weeks... the best offer I got was:

2017 VW GTI SE (DSG)
MSRP $33,165
Offer $25,459 + fees/tax

I think if I had gone to finalize the price in person I could've gotten a better deal, instead I chose to get a 2018 at another dealer =]

Their offer didn't mention any specific incentives, just a lump sum discount - there's still a handful of 2017's in stock around my area as they start to stock up on 2018's

SVTunit

Ready to race!

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad i took advantage of this, last day of January. They told me it dropped to $3,000 in feb.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Glad i took advantage of this, last day of January. They told me it dropped to $3,000 in feb.

Any time a dealer claims to know what the next month's incentives are before the month actually starts, they're lying. In this case, I've seen the proof; the January program basically carried over to February, and there is an additional $500 bonus cash in the southeast, possibly other regions as well.

All VW incentives on 2017 GTI will end on 3/31, and with the supply as low as it is, I don't expect them to offer much more (if anything) than what is already available.

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Of course they did. That's what dealerships do. It actually went up in Feb. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39033 And an extra $500 in parts of the Northeast till the end of the month.

That's a shame. I still think i did pretty good with my deal. $24,510 for SE DSG complete package. -- I knew not to buy any of the crap the finance manager was trying to sell me on... extended warranties, gap insurance, and w/e else they tried to feed me.

The dealer admitted they didn't know what February deals were going to be. To keep the $4,000 rebate, they told me they had to put it in the system that I had purchased the car (lie) so they can offer me the price agreed upon before meeting them on Feb 2nd. It was when i had 2nd thoughts on the car i bought... wanting a cheaper one when they lied and said the rebate dropped $1,000. -- Thinking about it, I'm glad i went with the SE over the Sport.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
That's a shame. I still think i did pretty good with my deal. $24,510 for SE DSG complete package. -- I knew not to buy any of the crap the finance manager was trying to sell me on... extended warranties, gap insurance, and w/e else they tried to feed me.

The dealer admitted they didn't know what February deals were going to be. To keep the $4,000 rebate, they told me they had to put it in the system that I had purchased the car (lie) so they can offer me the price agreed upon before meeting them on Feb 2nd. It was when i had 2nd thoughts on the car i bought... wanting a cheaper one when they lied and said the rebate dropped $1,000. -- Thinking about it, I'm glad i went with the SE over the Sport.

Well, they definitely didn't fleece you. From the sounds of it, they reported the sale to VW before the January 31 to boost their January sales number, and when you told them you were having second thoughts, they probably said that to keep you from walking, then coming back later (or not at all), since unwinding the deal is a huge pain for them.

Considering you paid the same price for an SE as I paid for a Sport 4 months ago, you definitely came out ahead.

wantone

Ready to race!
All VW incentives on 2017 GTI will end on 3/31, and with the supply as low as it is, I don't expect them to offer much more (if anything) than what is already available.

Did anything change for the 2017's in March? Did the Southeast $500 bonus President's Day cash go away or did they extend? Not that there's many left, but (possible) end of VW quarter and incentives running out on 3/31 seams darn ideal time to buy.

What happens after March for the 2017's and no more incentives from VW? Will pricing skyrocket since nothing left from VW?