GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR GTI Spring on Golf?

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

I found some VWR GTI springs here for sale. I was going to pick it up off a fellow member. However, I have a Golf 1.8T. Will the MK7 VWR GTI springs fit on my MK7 Golf? Looking on ECS Tunnings website, the GTI springs have a different part number than the 1.8T. Also looks like the Golf springs comes with rubber stoppers too where as the GTI springs do not. Thanks in advance for the help!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
one of the first things i bought for my 1.8 was a set of VWR springs used here on the forum.... I believe, in my ignorance, i got a set of GTI springs... With that said, I have had no issues in performance or ride quality... only issue has been the deterioration of the factory struts which will happen no matter what. I know the two models weight in a different amounts so I imagine the difference in the two models of springs accounts for that.

Do you have a link to the 1.8 springs? Id like to see that stopper your talking about...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
one of the first things i bought for my 1.8 was a set of VWR springs used here on the forum.... I believe, in my ignorance, i got a set of GTI springs... With that said, I have had no issues in performance or ride quality... only issue has been the deterioration of the factory struts which will happen no matter what. I know the two models weight in a different amounts so I imagine the difference in the two models of springs accounts for that.

Do you have a link to the 1.8 springs? Id like to see that stopper your talking about...

From the VWR site:

Golf 7 Multi-link (Not GTD/GTI) R31G7ML

Front Spring:

Lowering range: 35mm

Spring rate: 28.5N/mm

Wire diameter: 11.75 mm

Coils: 4.75

Rear Spring:

Lowering range: 30mm

Spring rate: 38N/mm

Wire diameter: 11.75mm

Coils: 8.5

Golf 7 GTi & GTD R31G7GT

Front Spring:

Lowering range: 30mm

Spring rate: 28.5N/mm

Wire diameter: 11.75 mm

Coils: 4.75

Rear Spring:

Lowering range: 20mm

Spring rate: 38N/mm

Wire diameter: 11.75mm

Coils: 8.5

So the GTI springs have less of a drop than the 1.8 springs it would appear... however they have the same spring rate...

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

See pictures on ECS's website

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-racingline-parts/sport-springs/vwr31g7ml~vwr/

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah those yellow parts are just new, shorter bump stops to replace the ones on your struts...