GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf TDI to GTI TDI conversion thread. !!! Warning Picture Heavy !!!

Micah247

Ready to race!
Stitch solution

Great looking car, nice mods too.

I used the e-acca website to buy the engine cover you got from ECS. It ended up being close to what you paid with the coupon.

Those rear headrests look great. Stitching matches and everything.

I couldn't find any with red for the GTi so had to resort to ebay.
View attachment 12021

Keep up the good work! :cool:

I had the same problem. Here's the solution.

https://youtu.be/bDIwWsQ37Tk

https://www.amazon.com/YASNFP300-B-Fabric-Marker-Chisel-Jumbo/dp/B0026XTOP6

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Great build. At times I miss my tdi and wish my Alltrack had the CR in it.

I also have an IRS I can sell. I’m located in Raleigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
$400 picked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Next time try not to put gas in the tank:)
Lol, good call. Haven't made that mistake. Did pull up to the diesel pump in my other car once, hit the button for diesel then came to my senses, closest I've been to a major problem.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
Why the sadface for DSG? I have a TSI MT and I regret not getting dsg :( paddle shifters are too cool and 5 speed is not.

Great build so far! I'm doing pretty much the same thing and just put a CTS catback on this morning!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Micah247

Ready to race!
Lol, good call. Haven't made that mistake. Did pull up to the diesel pump in my other car once, hit the button for diesel then came to my senses, closest I've been to a major problem.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

When I was 18 I helped myself to 5gal of "gas" in my dads barn. Turns out it had Diesel in it instead. What a mess.

Micah247

Ready to race!
Why the sadface for DSG? I have a TSI MT and I regret not getting dsg :( paddle shifters are too cool and 5 speed is not.

Great build so far! I'm doing pretty much the same thing and just put a CTS catback on this morning!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I wanted a MT, but I couldn't find one unless it was a SW. Aslo my knee is fuct, so it probably was for the best.

Micah247

Ready to race!
Ok so I got my block heater installed. I read I should install one of these quick connects. Involves cutting the end of the cord. I found this instead. Then I realized I could split it and also run a battery tender. Problem is where to mount the plug. I was just going to put it on the right side of the bumper. It was suggested to get a spring loaded flip up license plate holder. Now that's slick.

Here's the part I need help with. Can I use a hole saw to cut a 49mm hole approx 2" in my bumper directly behind my license plate? I don't have parking sensors yet. Is there anything I should watch out for? I've looked at pictures, it looks like dead space.

Micah247

Ready to race!
I got the receptacle figured out. Once I removed the license plate and the license plate holder I poked around and confirmed there is dense Styrofoam directly behind the bumper. I didn't have a lot of room to work with even if I scraped away the Styrofoam. Once I measured everything I realized I could drill into the license plate holder. The 2" hole would just barely take out some of the grill below the bumper. I installed the receptacle along with a splitter. One side went to the block heater the other to a battery tender. I only used one of the springs on the flip up plate because 2 would've been too much tension.

danv_nz

Thats a pretty cool conversion. It got me thinking, obviously the bumper is different on a GTI or Golf R, but anyone know if the fenders and bonnet the same across all models?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
maybe we should start talking about photo resizing...