GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Marshall@COBB's 2017 GTI Sport

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Well, it has been a little bit! Haven't changed anything since the last update but I am excited to say some new wheels are on the way.

I chose to go with Titan 7's T-S5 in Machine Black. They are 18"x8.5" and come in at just over 17lbs per wheel. Should make for some nice weight savings.

Now, to decide on tires...

Marshall@COBB

dchoi

Passed Driver's Ed
We'll be almost twins haha. I have a night blue metallic also and I'm picking up my satin titanium T-S5 tomorrow. Great choice on wheels!

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Installed the wheels last week and was able to grab a couple quick pictures out behind the COBB building.

For tires, I ended up going with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a 235/40-18 size. Obviously noticed huge improvements in grip over the factory setup. These wheels look killer.

Last edited:

Kinogod

Passed Driver's Ed
Tell me about your Koni yellows with e springs. Did you upgrade any other suspension parts when you did this? Cups, links bushings?

I have a ‘15 GTI pp pkg manual with VWR springs, motor mount insert, COBB CAI w/access port stage 1+. Cup sport tires on Neuspeed rims.

Interested in koni yellow mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Tell me about your Koni yellows with e springs. Did you upgrade any other suspension parts when you did this? Cups, links bushings?

I have a ‘15 GTI pp pkg manual with VWR springs, motor mount insert, COBB CAI w/access port stage 1+. Cup sport tires on Neuspeed rims.

Interested in koni yellow mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still enjoying the Koni + Eibach setup. We had our company track day last week at a track called Harris Hill Raceway down south of Austin. It's a track known for its bumps and rough(er) surface but this setup handled it with ease and without moving around too much. The car definitely rotates with ease and is super predictable, so much so that I don't currently feel the need for an upgraded rear swaybar that so many people recommend.

The car has unfortunately developed a creak/squeak from the rear spring/strut area that is quite audible at low speeds. I need to get it up on a lift to inspect mounts/bushings this week.

Amazing looking setup

Thank you!

Those wheels look great!

Thank you!

Marshall@COBB

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Installed the wheels last week and was able to grab a couple quick pictures out behind the COBB building.

For tires, I ended up going with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a 235/40-18 size. Obviously noticed huge improvements in grip over the factory setup. These wheels look killer.

Looks amazing. Are these with spacers? If so, what size? The wheels are 44mm offset, right?