GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTD milltek non resonated exhaust

Amrit

Hi guys new to this forum has anyone got a non resonated gti style exhaust fitted to their GTD (non sound pack)? What do these sound like can anyone share any vids? Also how is your milltek welds holding up? I've heard about weld failures on various systems milltek supply is this still a problem? I'm looking to get a non res gti style fitted soon.

Cheers Amrit.

s7wag

Ready to race!
The Milltek comes in sections so I'd keep your front box initially with the rear straight through. You can then add / remove the front box for a pipe later if you think it's too quiet for you. It will never be really loud because the DPF upfront muffles the engine anyhow. You could remove the whole exhaust and it will still seem quiet ticking over...

..no issue with the Milltek and first I've heard of welding issues...

Amrit

The Milltek comes in sections so I'd keep your front box initially with the rear straight through. You can then add / remove the front box for a pipe later if you think it's too quiet for you. It will never be really loud because the DPF upfront muffles the engine anyhow. You could remove the whole exhaust and it will still seem quiet ticking over...

..no issue with the Milltek and first I've heard of welding issues...
Yeah i know it will never be as loud due to the DPF just wondered if it would sound any different ie will it sound a little deeper than stock? I've gone for the non resonated which i think removes the front box too.

The welds i read alot on forums but they were posts from years ago so they must have sorted it now. Going to get it fitted at the garage tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk