GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stalling/Auto restart

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

My wife stalled my GTD yesterday when she took it out and said that unlike her Tiguan it didnt auto restart when she dipped the clutch.

Anyone able to confirm if it is meant to auto restart?

Its got KESSY if that makes any difference..

Cheers in advance.

Dave

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

My wife stalled my GTD yesterday when she took it out and said that unlike her Tiguan it didnt auto restart when she dipped the clutch.

Anyone able to confirm if it is meant to auto restart?

Its got KESSY if that makes any difference..

Cheers in advance.

Dave

"your wife" :rolleyes:

My dog stalled my car the other day and it did restart with a clutch dip! That's the only occasion I can think of off the top of my head though..

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Stalled mine today being lazy, kept my foot on the clutch as I slowed towards a stop and it fired up and away we went without fully stopping.

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
DOH!,

Stalled it as I drove into my drive last night, instantly dipped the clutch and it restarted, granted this was low speed, but seemed to do what I expected :)

Done!

Dave

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
...and if pressing the clutch does not restart it, the message appears to use the start button. So all is easy and quick...

DangerousTheory

Passed Driver's Ed
Potentially she dipped and then released the clutch too hastily, before it had a chance to start (I'm thinking perhaps it will only attempt restart on the first pushed clutch so subsequent attempts wouldn't work). Or maybe it was too cold? I believe Stop Start is disabled below a certain temperature, so perhaps this is also the case when stalling.

EDIT: Sorry I've just realised how old this thread is!

GTDave

Passed Driver's Ed
DT,

Dont worry, still good to know. It has not happened since, so could put it down to driver error ;)

DocHouse

I've notice that my 7.5 GTD is more sensitive to stalling at low speeds compared to my old polo, Particularly doesn't like the very tight 90 degree uphill road leading teading to my front door and will often stall in first, restart sometimes works otherwise a twist of the key sorts it. VW said its a trait of that particular engine... not sure if I believe that.

Pingers

Ready to race!
Should be fun when VW brings Start/Stop come across the Pond. Most US driver's can't handle what we have now.

My understanding is the new 2018 DSG R will have it.