GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pod Cars - The Future?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I know many of you think we are heading to 100% electric and pod cars that you rent or share. I watched the attached review of a new version of the Roque. I know many Ladies drive these cars, but it made me wonder what the future pod cars might be like to drive. Most of us think like Tesla, maybe they will be electric and fast. Auto-X rental.

I think pod cars will be more like the Roque Sport. Seat 4, roomy, and 0 to 60 on 10 seconds, using a CVT transmission.

Why do they make cars today that take 10 seconds to reach 60. As he commented in the video "Two lanes passing will be hard". Who wants your Wife and kids driving in a car this slow? At 10 second it better get 40+mpg if I am giving up any performance, and Nissan is not the only one making cars like this.

If you have never seen this guy's reviews, he does a good job. On the GTI Review he takes it off road and gets stuck.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/driven-car-reviews/id416046902?mt=2&i=1000398421172

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Unfortunately, higher performing vehicles means more expense. I don't see hi-po or even luxury cars. Most millennials only care about cheap transportation and grande expressos.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Unfortunately, higher performing vehicles means more expense. I don't see hi-po or even luxury cars. Most millennials only care about cheap transportation and grande expressos.

Agree.
Also if the pods are run by someone like Uber than low cost will be goal.
Generic, easy clean and maintain.
I also wonder how public pods would be cleaned and sanitized? There are rules and laws. Most public busses have hard surfaces easy to clean and maintain.

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
The Fed said:

Card carrying millennial here who cares about cars and drives a GTI.

As with everything, even if private car ownership all but disappears in the next 50 years, there will still be people who want to drive performance vehicles and there will be services for that market segment. When you rent a car at the airport you can get a Honda Accord or a Mustang - it’s just about how much you pay.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Card carrying millennial here who cares about cars and drives a GTI.

As with everything, even if private car ownership all but disappears in the next 50 years, there will still be people who want to drive performance vehicles and there will be services for that market segment. When you rent a car at the airport you can get a Honda Accord or a Mustang - it’s just about how much you pay.

Cool~ You give older guys a ray of hope. Just try to keep the wrong people of your gen from being the ones who make the rules. Doesn't matter for me either way- I plan to die in VR land, lost on some planet, drag racing weird science vehicles. They will find me in my VR rig, stiff as a board with a smile on my face.

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Cool~ You give older guys a ray of hope. Just try to keep the wrong people of your gen from being the ones who make the rules. Doesn't matter for me either way- I plan to die in VR land, lost on some planet, drag racing weird science vehicles. They will find me in my VR rig, stiff as a board with a smile on my face.

In that world I’ll be driving a flying delorean that can shrink down to pocket size so I don’t have to worry about parking.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
In that world I’ll be driving a flying delorean that can shrink down to pocket size so I don’t have to worry about parking.

Great idea! Parking can be tough in the UK !

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Maybe only racing will be on line.

Using direct brain implants or skull-jacks, while intravenously administering the proper hallucinogenic/amphetamine drugs, it could be a blast. Cheaper, safer, and keeps crazies of the real streets!

*disclaimer: Kids, don't use drugs. Drugs are bad.

KlipZ

Ready to race!

Because you old folks f'd us on our retirement benefits.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    401.9 KB · Views: 188