GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue with nav on 2017 golf r?

drt1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2017 GTI PP model and i am now on my third radio unit. They tried to update the first and second unit but they would not take the new firmware update. Im right at 5k miles. Hopefully I dont have to have a fourth unit installed!

mhale0

I got the software update this past Saturday. I can report that it SEEMS to have stopped the spontaneous infotainment reboots. Only caveat is that I drove the car for 3–4 weeks after purchase before the roboots started, so it's possible they'll come back. I'll post back here if they do.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a glitch yesterday after a new phone was paired to the MIB2...ZTE Axon 7 was working fine on last Sat w/Android 6...Update to 7.1.1 had the system frozen and unable to connect phone calls after using the BT audio to play phone MP3 files...hard resets of both MIB2 and the phone seem to have worked...no problems today w/dialing out from the MIB2 accessing my phone contacts...and BT audio resumed after called ended...was concerned, but am watching closely

nate704

Go Kart Champion
My 17 R was built on Jan. 16th, 2017, and I have about 230 miles on it so far.
I have not had any issue yet, and hopefully I won't have any issue down the road.

All2Easy

Update: Dealer screwed up....parts department did not order the new module like service was told. Part is now on its way.

Did get the service writer to admit that they have had their fare share of replacements.

TimGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
2017 GTI Autobahn

My nav failed this morning at 1,400 miles. I have an appointment next Monday to see what their fix might be now.

YorkGTI

Ready to race!
Nav failed weds. Took delivery of my car 12/31 only 2300 miles on it. Dealer told me thy need to order all New unit. Just sucks never had one issue with my 2011 wrx. Hopefully no other issues are coming up.

All2Easy

Update:

New unit installed....all is working well now. Only time will tell.

Has anyone else who had the new unit installed have the issue pop back up?

TimGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Autobahn Update

I took my GTI in today for the nav issue. They did a software update, told me they thoroughly tested it and it was all fixed. I pulled out of the garage, saw the same "data loading" message and pulled right back in. Now they are convinced it must be the SD card. I told them the reader also fails reading audio off SD as well, but they want to try the new SD card they ordered.

Why in the world would they test the system with their SD card and not at least put mine back in to test in before declaring it fixed? I know I have no idea...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
You guys with GTI's (as opposed to R's), what is the part number of your MIB2 unit? You can see this through the info screen in setup. Curious if Puebla is using the same turd made by Delphi that Wolfsburg is putting in the '17 R's, which is where the majority of the failure seem to be occurring. What a Mongolian clusterfarkle!

TimGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
You guys with GTI's (as opposed to R's), what is the part number of your MIB2 unit? You can see this through the info screen in setup. Curious if Puebla is using the same turd made by Delphi that Wolfsburg is putting in the '17 R's, which is where the majority of the failure seem to be occurring. What a Mongolian clusterfarkle!

Under System Information, mine says:

Device Part Number: 3Q0035876A
HW: 840
SW: 0753

The software was updated to 0753 today -- with no effect whatsoever.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
Update:

New unit installed....all is working well now. Only time will tell.

Has anyone else who had the new unit installed have the issue pop back up?

Mine did glitch on Sun 3/19/17, but I think it was due to switching paired phones and the phone updating after it's initial pairing...no problems since hard resets of both the phone (update still active) and the MIB2...fingers still crossed!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Under System Information, mine says:

Device Part Number: 3Q0035876A

Ugh. 876A is the same Delphi turd that Wolfsburg is putting into R's, that then crap the bed at an astronomical rate. VW needs to figure out wtf is going on here and get this issue resolved.. it's dragged on forever, dealers are clueless as to what to do (no surprise there), and no definite fix seems to be available. Lame.

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
Specs after new MIB2 installed:

Device part number: 3Q0035876A
Hardware: 840
Software: 0751
Nav database: 3G0919866R 0321 NAR 2016