GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue with nav on 2017 golf r?

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
Ok, the new head unit is STILL working...what do you guys/gals think...is it time for a mass influx to the dealers and get in the que for new head units...or are you gonna wait to see how I or others fare w/our new head units?

Idk man they replaced it with the same part number, and I thought VW said replacing head units wasn't working?

Is it possible VW has worked with the supplier and fixed the kink? I'm still holding out. I hate to wish this, but it'd be nice if more people had Nav so we could have a bigger support network on this issue.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

All2Easy

Just got back from the dealer. They spoke to VW tech, and were told to bring in a new head unit and SD card. Will report back once the new parts are installed sometime next week.

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
Just got back from the dealer. They spoke to VW tech, and were told to bring in a new head unit and SD card. Will report back once the new parts are installed sometime next week.

So no software update?

What's so frustrating is everyone seems to have slightly different issues and getting slightly different fixes

All2Easy

So no software update?

What's so frustrating is everyone seems to have slightly different issues and getting slightly different fixes

When I scheduled the appointment, the service person I spoke with mentioned it "might" be a software update. However, that was not mentioned any further after they looked at the car and contacted VW for steer.

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
Ugh

I'll just schedule an apt and see what they have to say at this point. Not enough people have this issue on here to really take anything away. It's not even consistent problems lol. What the hell VW

ejasons

Just got mine replaced today, 500 miles on the odometer. I had to first take it in to the dealer last week for troubleshooting. I mentioned this thread, but they didn't want to have anything to do with internet info, so the diagnosed it as having to replace the unit, which they did this morning. Ended up with version 0751 (someone earlier had a 0753), so we'll see if it lasts...

dchuee

Passed Driver's Ed
I think at the end of the day if you take your cars in, they'll be able to correct the problem with at worst case a new head unit...I'm still up and running (fingers crossed)...I'd go sooner than later to avoid a mass order and possible back order if the majority of the fixes are for head units...believe, I love seeing the NAV display and the digitized compass with my car's silhouette in it even though I have yet to need directions...it's the feeling of knowing your investment is WHOLE...have at peeps

mondo

Ready to race!
My 2016 GTD has constant navigation issues.. (no, it's new so it hasn't been to the dealer for its first service yet)
These range from:

Infotainment nav screen panning all over the place with constant beeps coming from the infotainment unit, as if someone was selecting options on the screen

On my way to Amsterdam 2 weeks ago the nav just decided to freak out in a new way. This time I had missed a turning and was trying to head back to the freeway. The nav screen showed I was a few clicks from the freeway, but the centre display (between speedo/rev counter) showed the angled arrow as if I was "off the road"
When I pressed the button, the reply I got was "please follow the road" even though it was the wrong road.
As I know the area, I played a "game" and went right off the known route, but the nav didn't pick up on that and whenever I pressed the button, it just said "please follow the road"

The quick fix is to switch infotainment system off, switch ignition off and lock the car for about two minutes.. then it works again..

This seems to be a common issue with VW navs, as good as they are, they have bugs.

bluedoggiant

Ready to race!
Same, except mine today did something funny 2-3 starts in a row where the screen was black, no back up camera. Reset unit and was fine. Started the car last time of the day and everything started fine.