GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yet another (dumb) Question.

I bought my unit used.
I'm worried some of the settings on "user settings" might have been tweaked.
While i'm not running map6 yet, I think FOL and maybe others may be used during Map2?

Can someone verify what stock options are?
My FOL is set to 60? Should have be 40 stock?

set fol to 50
set boost safety to 25
set fuel/afr bias all to 100

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hello all... got my 2018 from my k04 2013. Definitely really love the car so far, and I'm looking at the jb1 or jb4. I don't care so much about the logging and all that... more a set and forget type thing. I spoke with George, who had said that I could get the 4 and run a higher psi since I'm on 93 octane, and so far... they cannot detect the piggy back.

What would you guys recommend? I'm not looking at any further nodding, just thinking about this one.

go for it. jb4 map 2. set to settings i just gave. never worry again

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Another question is the general consensus is the jb4 is "better" and "smoother"... but if I just simply want to plug it in and go, is the jb4 still better, or does it matter at that point?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Another question is the general consensus is the jb4 is "better" and "smoother"... but if I just simply want to plug it in and go, is the jb4 still better, or does it matter at that point?
To elaborate, because if you buy a JB1, you will pay to upgrade to a JB4. If you buy a JB4 with plans to run 'just' MAP2...you will quickly find yourself seeking out 93AKI and E85 (whatever you can get). At that point you will switch to MAP6.

I thought the same thing. Hell it took me 4 months to install it (from purchase to day of install). I cannot imagine driving the car without a minimum MAP6 tune now. Or not continuing the trend further. I haven't even had it on three weeks.

The EA888 Gen 3 is too much of a monster to not unleash.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
To elaborate, because if you buy a JB1, you will pay to upgrade to a JB4. If you buy a JB4 with plans to run 'just' MAP2...you will quickly find yourself seeking out 93AKI and E85 (whatever you can get). At that point you will switch to MAP6.

I thought the same thing. Hell it took me 4 months to install it (from purchase to day of install). I cannot imagine driving the car without a minimum MAP6 tune now. Or not continuing the trend further. I haven't even had it on three weeks.

The EA888 Gen 3 is too much of a monster to not unleash.

Yeah, but I have 255 miles on the car, and while I don't mind running a more aggressive map, I only have 93 here, E85 is 45 minutes in either direction.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, but I have 255 miles on the car, and while I don't mind running a more aggressive map, I only have 93 here, E85 is 45 minutes in either direction.
93 is still good for a solid tune on MAP6. I am still experimenting, but my logs only let me push a touch more boost with 93/E85 with an E30 mix. That being said I am in Midwest USA and waiting for the warmer temps to run an absolute MAP6 on the same fueling. 91/E30 netted similar results (a touch over 93).

Temps and air density all the same, the car pulls like a monster on 93 or E30. E30 has just been cleaning things up a bit. You will want to run a MAP6. Check my logs. Only a drop-in filter currently and damn clean. Will keep posting logs as temps change.

Martin398

Ready to race!
93 is all you need. e85 is popular where 91 octane is highest available. you can run a solid map 6 on 93 octane. map 2 no problem. my jb1 went on with 1,000 miles on my odometer.

ran map 2 for a long time as a daily. been map 6 for a bit, still daily like many others in here.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
93 is all you need. e85 is popular where 91 octane is highest available. you can run a solid map 6 on 93 octane. map 2 no problem. my jb1 went on with 1,000 miles on my odometer.

ran map 2 for a long time as a daily. been map 6 for a bit, still daily like many others in here.

I'm just trying to get away from modding since I've spent 10s of thousands on so many cars... BUT I cannot justify having a car with so much potential and not at least using a piggyback. My biggest thing is simply the warranty... my mk6 just seemed like there was always an issue, and I was tired of it and wanted to start fresh and just open up a little more power... though most GTI stock numbers are highly underrated. However, 1 models leads to needing X,Y,Z, and before you know it.... thousands are gone.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I'm just trying to get away from modding since I've spent 10s of thousands on so many cars... BUT I cannot justify having a car with so much potential and not at least using a piggyback. My biggest thing is simply the warranty... my mk6 just seemed like there was always an issue, and I was tired of it and wanted to start fresh and just open up a little more power... though most GTI stock numbers are highly underrated. However, 1 models leads to needing X,Y,Z, and before you know it.... thousands are gone.

There are ways of being cheap and making good power with this car. I would just buy a used jb4 and get a good map 6 and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk