GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheapest brake setup to handle track...

DAS_STIG

Banned
Got a group buy going for the prodigywerks 356mm kit currently. Would be a huge upgrade for you. $1831 shipped for their front kit in any of the 4 color offering.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That would be a huge upgrade... and is about 2x what I am looking to spens. Thanks for the heads up though.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Np. Here's the side of the box. I'd flip Endless a quick email and confirm before ordering.

Interesting. Can't seem to find that model # for sale. It does not match what nengun has for the mk5/6. Could only find a spec drawing from endless for it.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
That would be a huge upgrade... and is about 2x what I am looking to spens. Thanks for the heads up though.

How about $1217?
https://thmotorsports.com/i-2414263...MIh_zwwbGF2gIVGoezCh265AlzEAQYASABEgK95vD_BwE

This would be for the 1-piece rotor. DON'T get cross-drilled rotors. They're a total waste and will cause you to burn through your pads quicker.
Stoptech has a TON of pad options, plus it'll take you about 5 minutes to change pads. Very easy with this kit.

If not a BBK, definitely change your pads and fluid to high temp fluid before the track days. I realize you're only a novice, but nothing will ruin your day when you boil over your brake fluid or you start to push the car and end up running out of brakes.

The first thing you want to change/upgrade for track days is brakes. The last thing you want to do is add power. Pagid pads are stellar.

I've been driving on the track for over 10 years and have my SCCA Comp license. There's nothing better than going to hit the brakes and being sure that they're going to be there, lap after lap.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
How about $1217?
https://thmotorsports.com/i-2414263...MIh_zwwbGF2gIVGoezCh265AlzEAQYASABEgK95vD_BwE

This would be for the 1-piece rotor. DON'T get cross-drilled rotors. They're a total waste and will cause you to burn through your pads quicker.
Stoptech has a TON of pad options, plus it'll take you about 5 minutes to change pads. Very easy with this kit.

If not a BBK, definitely change your pads and fluid to high temp fluid before the track days. I realize you're only a novice, but nothing will ruin your day when you boil over your brake fluid or you start to push the car and end up running out of brakes.

The first thing you want to change/upgrade for track days is brakes. The last thing you want to do is add power. Pagid pads are stellar.

I've been driving on the track for over 10 years and have my SCCA Comp license. There's nothing better than going to hit the brakes and being sure that they're going to be there, lap after lap.
Those are terrible brakes. Small rotors and 4 pot is meh.

DAS_STIG

Banned
How about $1217?

Thanks for the link. I saw those before, but figured I could get the PP setup for a bit cheaper. For now I am hunting down pads for the non-PP GTI. Can't seem to find Pagid RS29 or Endless MX72 for the MK7 non-PP. EBC yellows might be my only choice.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Those are terrible brakes. Small rotors and 4 pot is meh.

Sorry, but I have a ton of friends that run these in endurance races (4 pot) and have zero issues after running 9 hours straight. The weight of the GTI does not need a 6-piston BBK. It's WAY overkill.

Thanks for the link. I saw those before, but figured I could get the PP setup for a bit cheaper. For now I am hunting down pads for the non-PP GTI. Can't seem to find Pagid RS29 or Endless MX72 for the MK7 non-PP. EBC yellows might be my only choice.

PP is a nice deal, but you can run into wheel fitment issues due to the size of the entire system. The Stoptech is nice and compact so you can fit 17" wheels easily.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Non-PP brake pad options are crap, yes. I got the Porsche 986 calipers and pads are SO CHEAP with a ton more options. Stoptech, Hawk, etc. Best part is the street pads I chose were $34.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Looks like another user was able to order the endless pads directly from them. I will see if that is still possible. Considering that I am only planning to do a fee track days this year I think it's the way to go.

Ordered the ttrs brake vent/dam kit for now since that helps for any brake setup. If I do go bigger in the future I will definitely keep that stoptech kit in mind.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks like another user was able to order the endless pads directly from them. I will see if that is still possible. Considering that I am only planning to do a fee track days this year I think it's the way to go.

Ordered the ttrs brake vent/dam kit for now since that helps for any brake setup. If I do go bigger in the future I will definitely keep that stoptech kit in mind.

Give these a try. Sounds like a good option for you. Make sure you use some high temp fluid as well.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Check these out for $37 every little bit of cooling will help on non-PP setup.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40651

This is quite interesting. Seems like it would "throw" air more directly at the brakes rather than the TTRS dam that just stops air and expects some to go toward the brakes. May get these instead, even though smaller seems like volume of air going in the needed direction would be higher.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Can someone point me in the direction of a thread for comparing rotors? looking at NGP, ECS, EBC and Stoptech for PP cars. Trying to understand the minute differences other than price.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Can someone point me in the direction of a thread for comparing rotors? looking at NGP, ECS, EBC and Stoptech for PP cars. Trying to understand the minute differences other than price.
Just Google slotted vs drilled vs blank. Rotor name brand doesn't matter much

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Just Google slotted vs drilled vs blank. Rotor name brand doesn't matter much

ah ok. Thats where my concern was. 190 for this one vs 289 for this one etc. I know for 2 piece rotors you should care a bit more :)

cheers