GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTI S weight

jhd

I was at the Dixie Championship Tour this weekend. After being released from impound I saw the scales were open. It was a good time to weigh it and came out to 2935 pounds.

This is with a 6mt, 17x7.5 wheels and fuel being at a little over 1/8 of tank. I was thinking it would be over 3100.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
What 17x7.5 wheels?

jhd

That's without the driver. Forgot to mention, that is also with no spare tire and jack.

Wheels are Sport Edition P2. I went with them due to price, lighter than the Austins and they were in stock at Tire Rack's Midway, GA warehouse. Picking them up in person saves on shipping.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I would say that weight is accurate. I'm very close to that in my 2015 S with my Volks.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
PP or non PP car?

The only time I've ever weighed mine was back in 2015 after I just got the car. With at the time the Ultimate Racing catback, stock suspension, H&R rear bar and 17x7.5 Enkei Fujin with no tool/spare but half tank of gas it was about 2960lb. The car was a PP with LP 2016 S 6MT.

I think its actually a bit lighter now with my custom rear exhaust and I typically will run less than 1/8 tank.

jhd

It is the non PP car. No sunroof, bigger brakes, etc.

To show how much the Golf has increased in weight, back at the 2000 Solo Nationals I weighed my 1992 Golf GL that ran in H Stock. It was 2204 pounds in Solo setup.