GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Battery

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
The environment and type of driving you do has a lot to determine with how long your battery lasts.

If you do lots of short drives, in a super cold environment your batter will die significantly quicker than a warmer climate that you take long drives consistently.

Cold Cranking Amps is named that way for a reason. The colder it is, the harder on your battery it is.

When I used to live in Massachusetts I replaced my battery about every two years, sometimes sooner. Here in California, I typically get 5-6 years out of a battery.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
The environment and type of driving you do has a lot to determine with how long your battery lasts.

If you do lots of short drives, in a super cold environment your batter will die significantly quicker than a warmer climate that you take long drives consistently.

Cold Cranking Amps is named that way for a reason. The colder it is, the harder on your battery it is.

When I used to live in Massachusetts I replaced my battery about every two years, sometimes sooner. Here in California, I typically get 5-6 years out of a battery.
This!!!

Its been cold as hell here in Mass and i work from home full time. My gym is also less than two miles away. So i end up needing to take "joy rides" as a result. Anyone feel sorry for me?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
another question:

Why does it mention in the manual NOT locking your car drains the battery?

I assume something priming but can't imagine what

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
another question:

Why does it mention in the manual NOT locking your car drains the battery?

I assume something priming but can't imagine what
Because if unlocked i think the car tries to communicate more often with your remote if you have kessy.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

I've never had a battery last less than four years here in MA (and also in upstate NY, even colder).

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
agree with the should last more than a few years..in CT it was 8 or so on Mrs Muds CRV,
Sold my stang it was 6/7 and still going strong. My Taco made it 12 yrs!!!!!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you can't disable it that would be a deal breaker for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You should be able to with VCDS/OBDEleven etc..
on my daily I kind of like it actually but there is a dedicated permanently (vcds)or each time that you turn on the car MMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk