GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
A little busy for me but that is still a nice watch!

After holding off for so long I finally went to the dark side BTW.
Got an Apple Watch as an Xmas gift :(

HOWEVER!

It is only being worn strictly during exercise activities and MAYBE on the weekend when I'm just around the house or something.
It is NOT making it into my daily rotation by any means hah.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Not a watch guy but this one looks like it would fit right in with our interior.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10889779-t...ph-watch-499-free-shipping?page=2#commentsBox

With leather strap:

Nice find, I agree that is about the closest watch to resemble our GTI as possible. If it had a GTI logo on it or a GTI edition, I can see a lot of members purchasing it.
I am concerned about Tissot's quality. My cousin has a Tissot chronograph (quarts movement) and his chronograph functions no longer work after about 2 years of ownership.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Got this 20-year-old hand-me-down from an uncle this Christmas. Unfortunately, it hasn't been serviced/overhauled, so the chronograph isn't working. No plans on getting that done at the moment since it just costs too much to do so.

My daily watches though are 2 low-end Bulovas -- one automatic and one quartz Precisionist.

Too young to go down the rabbit hole of collecting watches...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Shimer

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Looks like there are a few Omega fans on here! Speedmaster Coaxial 9300. I also wear an Apple watch on my other wrist...

Haha how is that?
I thought about doing that but then determined it would be too weird...guess I could always just try it though!

I saw a band (I think Sinn made it) that would allow the apple watched to be attached to the watch band at the bottom by where the clasp would be...

EDIT:
Found it...
[/img]

https://www.sinn.de/en/Dual_Strap_System.htm

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Haha how is that?
I thought about doing that but then determined it would be too weird...guess I could always just try it though!

Well I’ve been wearing a series of fitbits, jawbones and other fitness trackers on my other wrist for years so I look at it that way.

I bought Apple Watch to see if I’d like it and because there are times you don’t want a few thousand £$€ on your wrist. Problem was I did like it, I found the notifications really useful and enjoyed the all day fitness tracking - but I missed my Omega.

It’s a great conversation starter [emoji23]

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I JUST got an Apple watch for Xmas this year.
My wife has had one since they came out and wears it every day.
I have been strapping mine on when I get home at night before I workout and I wore it all last weekend.
It is pretty neat, but I honestly don't think it will see much wrist time unless I'm "working out", or, like you said, don't feel like having something a lot more expensive on.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
My very cheap daily watches I referenced in an earlier post -- a Bulova automatic and a Bulova Precisionist. Even though the latter has a quartz movement, the seconds hand has a smooth sweep.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I LOVE slickdeals! Some would say it's an addiction. I definitely buy things I don't need just because of a great deal! Slickdeals is especially good for watch hunting!

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

The GTI watch is back on sale for $500. Sooo tempted!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I have an update, instead of purchasing the Tissot PRS 516 Extreme, I won an auction on ebay for a preowned Tag Heuer Formula 1 Calibre 16 chronograph (CAZ2012) for a sweet deal of $1200.
I was the only bidder, and I got it for such a low price that the seller actually messaged me saying if I didn't like the item I could return it and get a full refund. I'm sure he thought he could get more for it.
I will post pictures when it arrives.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Hah nice! And screw that if you don't like it you could probably flip it.

I know I was posting a little earlier that I was super pumped because I was finally buying the Speedy Pro for my birthday at the end of Feb...
But I think as I am nearing 30 I am becoming more responsible.

I have decided to hold off since it is the responsible thing to do.
With the baby coming, I want to focus more on family stuff rather than dropping a bunch of money on just me.

I'll give it a few more months and see how I really feel about it.