GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stone chips

not sure what it's marketed as in the rest of the world but here in the US, both 3M and Xpel make very good clear film coverings. Custom cut to fit, it's saved my MK VI big time. First car I've ever used it on, won't be the last. Dr. Color is a great touch up kit for multiple chips. I think they can match most OEM colors including Candy White in my case so when sell time comes then I should be able to restore the paint to "as good as new".

Wolksvagen

Banned
Just got back from a short drive and spotted yet more stone chips and one in the headlight.

I'm trying so hard with my anger management.

The headlights are Bi-Xenon and have a plastic lense.

Anyone know if those stone chip in glass guys can do thick polycarbonate?

The car colour is tungsten silver.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
It's bad enough here at this time of year with the salt/grit mixture on the roads, but it must be hell with the state you say NZ roads are in. I'd be inclined to look at clear film wrapping to give some degree of protection.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I have a few stone chips from tossers overtaking me on a road covered in stone chips at 40+ mph. I will drive 10mph and cause a back log, I don't care what others think but if everyone drove at 10mph then the stones do not flick up enough to damage the body work, its the ignorance of other drivers who dont give a damn about their cars and other road users.
This is now happening around here - some local roads and the A10! i seem to have got off lightly but as you say its the cars that overtake you on dual carriageway sections and throw up a hail of stones. I have a small pair of very tiny chips on my bonnet now - to be fair they are very tiny and I expected worse but its always irritating.

My old Scirocco bonnet was well peppered after two years :(