GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning product recommendations

mickR

Ready to race!
jhen2105

Keep in mind that no detailing products are independently scientifically tested, it's all down to personal choice, a good marketing budget is no guarantee of quality.

bypassbazza

Passed Driver's Ed
Had new car treated with GuardX as optional extra and very pleased with result. This treatment is applied to bodywork and interior. It is guaranteed against paint and fabric accidental spoilage for lifetime ownership. Had a similar product done on previous car which kept bodywork and seats in perfect condition for the 2 years of ownership - money well spent.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
All this talk of not letting car garage touch cars seems unnecessary. I've had many new cars with no issues at all, plus if there is any damage beneath your wrap etc you will have trouble getting it fixed as you have taken delivery and had someone else work on your bodywork.
The idea is that you remove the wrapping and stickers yourself with the salesman at the handover. That way you see the paintwork and panels in detail and will notice any issues.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
The idea is that you remove the wrapping and stickers yourself with the salesman at the handover. That way you see the paintwork and panels in detail and will notice any issues.

That should be ok then, I don't think anyone mentioned doing that part before taking to detailers. Just don't want anyone to have any issues after driving away.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Yes 'unwrapping' it is all part of the experience - I think of it like taking a nice piece of hi-fi equipment or something out of its packaging - much nicer than just having it handed to you over the counter out of the box.