GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Vag-Com / VCDS? Rent my Ross-Tech! ( so cal but will ship)

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
I heard the software license is tied to the laptop you first use the cable on. If this is the case you might need to rent out the computer with the cable :D

Can anyone else confirm? If not, I would definitely be interested in borrowing it for some coding work.

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
That depends on which version you purchase.

I had purchased a micro can w/ unlimted vins before, did some basic coding then sold it. The person I sold it to tested it on their laptop when we met up, and it worked w/no issues.

I've got the same data cable now so...

Also, if a member is local, I can meet up with them and use my laptop if they don't have one

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
That depends on which version you purchase.

I had purchased a micro can w/ unlimted vins before, did some basic coding then sold it. The person I sold it to tested it on their laptop when we met up, and it worked w/no issues.

I've got the same data cable now so...

Also, if a member is local, I can meet up with them and use my laptop if they don't have one

Word, if that's the case, I am interested to rent it then.

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
Let me borrow my wife's laptop over the weekend and download the newest software version onto her comp, and try it, it should work but I just want to be as certain as possible.

I'll keep ya posted

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
I would definitely be interested in renting this if the price was right! :)

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
I have a few locals interested so I'll be getting in touch with those of you out of state shortly.

I would ask $25 for a week's worth rental + shipping. There would have to be a deposit of some sort to secure it in case it's damaged somehow or not returned).

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Bringing this thread back to life: does anyone have a VCDS cable they can rent me? I shouldn't need it for more than a week. If you do, please PM me.