GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mib2 model differences

wvw89

Hey, sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but I'm looking at retrofitting the mib2 into my 2015 golf tsi, and I was wondering if anyone was aware of the difference between 3Q0035844 and 3Q0035844 A.

Thanks in advance!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The "A" is just a revised part number. For instance, my April 2016 R has 3Q0035876, which includes nav (and as such, 2 SD card slots) and is made in Germany by TechniSat. The part number for '17 changed to 3Q0035876A, and the vendor was changed to Delphi and is made in Portugal. Those Delphi units have been turds with tons of problems reported, which seem to have finally been sorted out after several software updates. My TechniSat unit still runs its original software (0245) and is virtually flawless.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Now I know what I was thinking of. The part numbers of the activation keys for voice control and carplay have an A for nav units

wvw89

Can't locate where I ended up reading it but apparently the "a" revision along with other lettered revisions aren't compatible with an app connect FeC activation ... Luckily dodged that bullet and managed to cancel my order and purchase the correct unit with no letter revision for my retrofit. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

wvw89

The "A" is just a revised part number. For instance, my April 2016 R has 3Q0035876, which includes nav (and as such, 2 SD card slots) and is made in Germany by TechniSat. The part number for '17 changed to 3Q0035876A, and the vendor was changed to Delphi and is made in Portugal. Those Delphi units have been turds with tons of problems reported, which seem to have finally been sorted out after several software updates. My TechniSat unit still runs its original software (0245) and is virtually flawless.
I ended up grabbing a 3Q0035844 from a 2016 tsi off of ebay... Also made by Delphi, but in Mexico. Hopefully no issues. ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk