GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Accessport and Stage 1, Stage 1+, and Stage 2 Power Packages!

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
After getting a COBB pro tune, can you save it on your device so you can swap between stock and pro tune?

You can store multiple tunes on your cobb AP, it comes preloaded with about 5-6 from Cobb. When you get protunes you can just add the custom tune to that list. You can remove tunes from it at anytime or add them at any time. You can then switch between the maps in a couple of minutes.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
You can store multiple tunes on your cobb AP, it comes preloaded with about 5-6 from Cobb. When you get protunes you can just add the custom tune to that list. You can remove tunes from it at anytime or add them at any time. You can then switch between the maps in a couple of minutes.

I’m assuming this is done by reflashing a different map to the ECU, correct?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
I’m assuming this is done by reflashing a different map to the ECU, correct?

yea, you flash different maps to the ECU. Once you've done the initial Cobb AP install changing maps doesn't take long. It depends on the number of changes between maps. So sometimes it's only 1-3 minutes and others its around 5-10 minutes. Eitherway, it's something you can do in a parking lot of gas station, car just has to be in accessory mode the entire time.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds awesome, what a great device.. Looking at the website though. Doesn’t look like there is a map for the Clubsport.

For the clubsport you’d have to go custom tuning, the OTS maps won’t be able to handle the clubsport setup. Maybe the OTS IS38 file if you also have full bolt one.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
For the clubsport you’d have to go custom tuning, the OTS maps won’t be able to handle the clubsport setup. Maybe the OTS IS38 file if you also have full bolt one.

I contacted COBB Support and they said I can’t even load a base file due to it not knowing the ECU (or something). Would need to wait and see if they actually develop one. Which probably isn’t worth it considering it’s not available in NAR and was a limited run model.

NinoJean

Interested in getting this for my MK7R. As I like the flexibility of the unit.

Just wondering on the COBB website is says USDM models, and I'm from Australia. Can the AP still be used on our models here?

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Interested in getting this for my MK7R. As I like the flexibility of the unit.

Just wondering on the COBB website is says USDM models, and I'm from Australia. Can the AP still be used on our models here?

No the AP doesn't support the other markets right now.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
...We do not yet offer DSG tuning capability however we did not want to limit those of you who may already have an alternate DSG tune and still want to use the COBB Accessport for ECU tuning. We do not have a target date set for releasing DSG tuning but I am hopeful we will have a product to offer in Q1 of 2018....
Marshall@COBB

Any update on Cobb's DSG tuning ETA?

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Sadly, it's still at least a few months out. Sorry for the bad news.

Kyle@COBB

Well, that’s all you needed to hear. APR it is. I’m so tired of waiting. It’s frankly a bit ridiculous at this point. How is it that APR, Eurodyne, Unitronic, GIAC all have TCU tunes out for quite some time, yet Cobb doesn’t. I just don’t get it.

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Well, that’s all you needed to hear. APR it is. I’m so tired of waiting. It’s frankly a bit ridiculous at this point. How is it that APR, Eurodyne, Unitronic, GIAC all have TCU tunes out for quite some time, yet Cobb doesn’t. I just don’t get it.

About a decade head start ;) I completely understand wanting a different solution since TCM tuning is already available. Maybe we can win you back down the road.

Kyle@COBB