GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Konig Flow Formed Mesh Wheel

funks

Ready to race!
Finally got these wheels mounted by the guys over at 034. Loving the stance the car is at right now, but I'm getting a bit of rubbing in the front when the suspension compresses. Hopefully this is simply a matter where I can fix with the fender screw delete.

Lowered and running 235/40R18’s ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Lowered and running 235/40R18’s ?

Make that 245, but otherwise spot on.

Lock to lock no issue on relatively smooth pavement, it's only when I'm going over notable bumps that I rub.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Make that 245, but otherwise spot on.

Lock to lock no issue on relatively smooth pavement, it's only when I'm going over notable bumps that I rub.

How’s the ride? Must be absorbing the bumps a lot better.

Handling?

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
How’s the ride? Must be absorbing the bumps a lot better.

Handling?
Oh yeah, I'm coming from a pair of low profile Evo 2's and while my car was never uncomfortable, I'm certainly crusing a lot smoother now. Also they're shockingly quiet, tire roar is virtually imperceptible now.

As for handling, I've taken a few hairpins around 40mph without a hint of tire squeal. Honestly the sheer amount of grip on hand is so immense I'm sort of scared to push for the limit [emoji14]

funks

Ready to race!
I got 245/40R18s as well and it definitely dampens the ride

I’m on stock suspension though but pretty sure at full compression, gonna rub like you. Hopefully the fender screw mod, or more camber using the 034 plates will make it a non issue.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I got 245/40R18s as well and it definitely dampens the ride

I’m on stock suspension though but pretty sure at full compression, gonna rub like you. Hopefully the fender mode, or more camber using the 034 plates will make it a non issue

You'll need the camber plates with that size tire lowered

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
You'll need the camber plates with that size tire lowered

Fortunately the my bc br coilovers came with them. For reference im currently running -1.2 degrees in the front, but in the future I plan on pushing it to -1.8 or 2.

I should mention after the screw delete on the fender, virtually all rubbing was eliminated. I got a very light rub on the fender lining when my right wheel was almost fully compressed through a turn however. The plan is to flatten out the inside lip of the fender with a heat gun and a mallet, to see if that eliminates it entirely.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Fortunately the bc br coilovers came with them. Currently running -1.2 degrees in the front, but in the future I plan on pushing it to -1.8 or 2.

I should mention after the screw delete on the fender, virtually all rubbing was eliminated. I got a very light rub on the fender lining when my right wheel was almost fully compressed through a turn however. The plan is to flatten out the inside lip of the fender with a heat gun and a mallet, to see if that eliminates it entirely.

Enjoy your cracked and flaking fender paint.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Enjoy your cracked and flaking fender paint.

The guys over at 034 say they've seen a bunch of mk7's hammer out the inside lip of the fender without any damage to the exterior of the fender.

The process doesn't actually have you push the exterior of the fender out at all (in fact I was heavily advised by them against a fender roller), but rather to push the inside lip flush with the flat portion of the fender.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
The guys over at 034 say they've seen a bunch of mk7's hammer out the inside lip of the fender without any damage to the exterior of the fender.

The process doesn't actually have you push the exterior of the fender out at all (in fact I was heavily advised by them against a fender roller), but rather to push the inside lip flush with the flat portion of the fender.

I'd have them do the work and have something written up about flaking and bacon fenders then.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Well it's done and squared away with. I raised the car a quarter of an inch which unfortunately wasn't enough to eliminate rub. So I went ahead hammered out the belligerent section of the fender lip (wound up not even needing to use the heat gun) and fiddled with the fender liner to gain a few extra millimeters of precious clearance.

I can confidently say that even on the worst possible roads i could find (not hard to do in the bay area) I haven't rubbed once since I finished my work. Will update with pictures of the process in a bit.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finally got these wheels mounted by the guys over at 034. Loving the stance the car is at right now, but I'm getting a bit of rubbing in the front when the suspension compresses. Hopefully this is simply a matter where I can fix with the fender screw delete.

Gotta say, the finish on these wheels are excellent, and I'm pleased as punch on how well they compliment the color of the car.

Looks great man. Those are some beefy tires. Love the look.