GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mirroring Android screen on headunit

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Hi all, quick question please. On my current MK7 GTD, I have the MIB II 8" Pro Nav installed. As you may know this comes with the ability to play movies (wither from the DVD drive, the HDD or via an SD Card / USB Drive.

As I sometimes have to wait at a train station for my wife (when it's delayed), I quite often pass the minutes away playing a movie etc on the screen. I've just ordered however a new FL MK7.5 GTI, and I've opted not to go for the very expensive 9.2" Pro Nav, but instead will have the "standard" 8" Nav, which doesn't have any video codecs built in so won't play any movies / video's etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way to mirror my non rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 on the screen say via Mirrorlink, so the movies and video's I have on that can be played on the headunit ? I've seen a few how to's but none of them work.

My phone is currently running Android 7.0 Nougat, like I say not rooted (which is how I would like it to remain if possible). The headunit is a Pro Nav 8" on the exciting car running firmware 0343 (not sure what it will be on the new car but it's an April 2018 build).

I currently have Android Auto 2.9.574924, Samsung Car Mode 6.0 R31, Mirrorlink and Rockscout installed (if any of them make a difference).

Is this possible please.